Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Saturday, September 25, 2010

Painting My Barn - The Older Version

Okay, Okay, I need to be fair.  I may not use the things mentioned on "Is She Real?" and yes, I loved the laugh, but I need to be fair.

So I will take shots at myself today.  This barn has been through 49 years of life and six full pregnancies.  My last baby, just four years ago, weighed in at 10 pounds and 4 ounces...leaving behind zero hope of returning to my "youthful" figure.  So, with menopause adding her "advantages" to my already extra curves I need to " Paint My Barn."

So Here It Goes...I am Painting My Barn....even though I have my "Knight in Shining Armor" I want to keep him!! I have to say, he has never complained.  I think he still sees me the way I was 30 years ago.

Underneath my Make-Up I need to diminish all my "character" lines...you think this product does what it claims?
I have covered my make-up frustration in my post, "What Make-up Do I Buy, Ethel?" and you are more than welcome to enlighten me in this area.  If I buy the right products I will have a whole new face.

If I could make a decision on make-up then I am left with getting rid of more facial hair then my husband.

"Do I Have to Wear These?" post showed my frustration with having to wear reading glasses...forget worrying about my eye color. 

I have to use this!  What is my natural color?  I have no idea!!!


Nursing Six Children has left me without the need to add cleavage or size....but they do need lifted!!!  And as for back fat....well if transfered to the front I would fall forward.  So forget the beautiful bra....mine are a piece of under armor!!!  I will spare you the visual on this!!!
Although I would do it again, well, six children also left me with a need to hold it all  in....not show off...can't imagine trying those _________ underwear...I need reduction.  I remember folding these for my grandmother!!!  Lift and hold in garments allow me to fit into some clothes and they put everything in their original place!!

I still love high heels and they do help visually to make you think I have been doing lunges to firm my buns, but  I pay the price when they come off with aching feet that need a good massage.

I have removed the space in my bookshelves that held pre-pregnancy, pregnancy and post-pregnancy books to be replaced by these.  So I am on a mission!!!

So if the mood comes upon my husband....well lets just say, like the young girl's  post, his visual could be disappointing and the disassembling could be a total riot!!!!  Song of Solomon it wouldn't be!!!
Maybe, just maybe, after I get through "painting my barn" I will give you a visual!!!
I hope I was fair to the younger generation.

14 Joining in with more words:

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Janette:

This is absolutely hilarious!! What a fun Saturday morning laugh out loud I've had here. You have more norve than me! :)

Busy painting my own barn these days, and it's a process! I told my hubby I start with a fresh palette every morning, then get my crayons and brushes and go to work!!

Big hugs!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Just so you know, I can totally relate. My last baby/toddler came in at 11 lbs. 2.5oz. He's 5 now and I have yet to get back to "normal". Which I know will probably never happen at this point.
This is my first time to visit but I'll be back!! Did you just hear Arnold? LOL!
Blessings,
Kim

Sandy said...

Janette,
I enjoyed this good laugh! But I
am not laughing at you. I think
you are a beautiful woman and
being a loving mother to your dear
children makes you even more so.
A friend of mine said that we need
to make peace with our bodies and
I agree. We can't expect to give
birth to our children and still
have the same bodies. After all,
we're not the same in any other
way after we become mothers, are
we? It's the most beautiful of
miracles next to being a new
person in Christ. Enjoy yourself
and treasure yourself as you are.
Thanks for your transparency. It
makes you even more dear.
Love,
Sandy

Unknown said...

Girlfriend..I am so with you on that..
I do not know about those items so I am not much use to you and at 47 I am searching myself for items that even remotely do what they say..now i will tell you that I do use an eye cream from Avon that I continually go back to..http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=33437&src_page=PromotionList
and hair color,, I just buy whatever color looks good, cause I am going to streak parts of it anyway..lol
so make sure that if you find any of those items work.. be sure to post it ..so we will all know..

Brenda Lazzaro Yoder, said...

I often go through these conversations in my mind. Thanks for posting them! Have a great weekend!

myletterstoemily said...

hee hee! this is so funny! i need to
paint my barn, too!

my dad says, "every barn needs a good
coat of paint."

i have no miracles but a few tools in my
box. i love bare escentuals applied
conservatively.

i also pat a tiny bit of moisturizer on
the corners of my eyes after applying
makeup. it sort of softens 'things.'

i own every under armor piece i the
book!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

You made me laugh!

(and I can always use a laugh)

And you're my hero -- almost 11 pounds? My largest was 7 lbs 10 oz. And that was enough.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Samuel.

Blessings, friend!

BECKY said...

You are too cute, Jeanette! I know that you are one fab 49!! Love this post though!! Too funny!

Hope your Sunday is joy-filled!
HUGS and blessings,
Becky

Susannah said...

LOL, thank goodness for "war paint!"

We were at a Mexican restaurant last night, and the waitress (a very young dark beauty) asked, "Is that your natural hair color?" I was shocked! Who would dare to question a customer like that??? I gave her my spiel about being a certain age, and no it isn't...

My husband pointed out that she was very dark and I am very blonde, and perhaps she was envious... LOL!

I'm on a mission to get fit and slim right now. Cottage cheese and fruit for lunch are helping immensely. Jazzercise classes are next. Slow but sure...

Beauty in middle age takes hard work doesn't it???

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Right there with you girlfriend! Well, 'cept for the increased cleavage... *sigh* And I've got occasional hairs in the oddest places (beard). Oops, is that TMI? Going to try Bare Minerals next I think. Will wait n see what other magic you can recommend!
:-)
hugs,
Leslie

Simple Home said...

Between you and Marla at Always Nesting, I'm feeling right at home :-) I've said that our vision gets worse in our 40's so we can't see all these new found flaws! What a fun post my friend.
Blessings,
Marcia

Gwen T said...

I needed this laugh!! :) After 7 babies in 11 years I can definitely relate!!!

Amy said...

Thank you for that post! You made me laugh and I am right there with you sister! We are all doing the best we can...well, trying! Blessings on your day! Amy

Suzy said...

Janette~
You are not alone...many of us are in the same boat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails