Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Sunday, September 26, 2010

Open My Eyes

" I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened,
so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, 
what are the riches of his glory of His inheritance in the saints."
Ephesians 1:18
"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law."
Ps. 119:18
This goes beyond mere reading and mere studying and mere learning.  
This is seeing of wonder.
And the wonder wakens faith and sustains faith.
Fix your eyes so the Son and ask for light.
Taste and See - John Piper

10 Joining in with more words:

Anonymous said...

That's one of my very favorite songs. Love, love, love the music and the message that comes with it.

Hubby just left for church to set up. He plays guitar and sings with the worship team. Every time I see/hear him play, I fall in love with him all over again.

Trisha said...

Psalm 119:8 is one of the verses I frequently pray before spending time in His Word. I love the quote you've shared from Piper. Thank you!

Theresa said...

Love that song. Thanks for sharing it :)

Debbie Petras said...

I love the words to this song Janette! And my prayer is that the Lord would open my eyes to see the world and my circumstances from His perspective.

Sending you a hug across our blogs today. Happy SONday!

Love you,
Debbie

Sandy said...

This will always be one of my
very favorite songs! And the
scripture is wonderful to go
with the music. This was very
inspiring. I do so want to see
Him high and lifted up!
Thanks for sharing today.
Hugs,
Sandy

Diana Ferguson said...

Love the song!! How 'bout these temps?

Debbie said...

Oh I loved this!! Soo inspiring. I just read your last post too, haha...How on earth did I miss that??

Thanks for your comment, I could use a hug from you right now...but cyber hugs are good too. = )

Have a wonderful week my friend.

Hugs, Debbie

Beth Herring said...

oh, that is one of my favorite songs of worship. it just says it like i mean it! open my eyes lord!

Amanda said...

This is a lovely song, and also the words make for a powerful prayer...

thanks for visiting my blog today, it is lovely to *meet* you!

BARBIE said...

I love Eph. 1:18. We pray this Apostolic Prayer often in our House of Prayer. Oh that we might understand His Word!

Related Posts with Thumbnails