Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Thursday, September 16, 2010

The End of My Journey - the Beginning of Another



  Putting the photos away and the scrapbooks back in their boxes, I conclude my recording of my youth with Mommy Piggy Tales.  The most prevailing theme throughout, which is also the truth today...My God is with me through everything.  I am so grateful to so many people as I look back.  First, to my Godly parents;  second, to the leadership at church; third, to the teachers who believed in me in through out my education; fourth, to my precious friends, whom without them I would not be who I am today;  lastly, to my Knight in Shining Armor!


As fall of 1979 arrived I  found myself attending the University of Texas as a Physical Education major, with dance specialty and a Business Minor.  I loved being on the University of Texas campus.  I attended football games as a student!  Football players were in my ballet class, under the instruction of a man who studied under George Balanchine.  Fall was thrilling, but it got better!

December 1, 1979 - My dream would come true and "my beloved" would propose to me!  After a long day at the UT and A&M game he drove us to the church, where it had all began.  We had already had a custom-designed ring made, so I knew it was coming one day!  He said, before he asked me anything, "I need you to know that "divorce" will  never be an option".  I accepted and we were married in that same church on June 14, 1980!
The same photographer who did all my drill team pictures did our wedding!
The rest is history!  That is right HIS-STORY, because with out Him we would not have made it to our 30th Anniversary, nor parented six wonderful children.  My Bravo, Bravo God post tells about renewing those vows in the same church 30 years later.

He still brings me flowers! My wedding picture in the background!
So I close the door on Mommy Piggy Tale posts and say, "thank-you" I enjoyed the journey!  I hope you were encouraged to tell your tales!!

22 Joining in with more words:

Farm Girl said...

I am going to go back and read the earlier parts of your story. I think it is so neat just the portions I have read.
You are so blessed. I have wanted to go back and say our vows again, because I told the sweet pastor when we were going through marriage counseling before we got married that I wouldn't say "obey." I have always wanted to go back and say now I would obey with my whole heart.
I am glad you took the time to write down your story which becomes a legacy for your kids.

Ginny Marie said...

What a beautiful wedding you had! Thank you for sharing your life with us. It was so fun to see all your photos and read your wonderful memories! God has truly blessed you and your family, and you do a wonderful job of sharing that joy He has given you!

If you would like to continue writing stories about your experiences in college and as a young wife, I'm guest hosting "Young Adult Years" on Mommy's Piggy TALES each Monday, beginning on Oct. 11. Please email me if you are interested...I'd love to have you join the group!
lemondroppie(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

That is just soooo sweet!! Love that wedding photo.

Eos Mom said...

Janette, I have so enjoyed reading all your piggy tales and seeing all your photos. I love your wedding photo--oh the hats! What a happy ending (yet just the beginning...)!

Sue said...

I did indeed enjoy your story Janette, and what a blessing it has been to have read them. Your testimony of your faith in God was intwined all through it. God certainly did have your life in His hands, and I saw his hand moving all through it. Just such a blessing, and I am so glad to have met you and to have gotten to know you through this, May God continue to bless and keep you always in His care.
Hugs,
Sue

Theresa said...

What a great documention you have done. I love the wedding pictures, especially the hats. Thanks for sharing all those memories with us.

myletterstoemily said...

oh, i love your new look, both the photo
and the header! so lovely and uplifting.
the photo with your husband is gorgeous.

i am not jealous, i am not jealous . . .

so glad we're blog friends!

partialemptynester said...

Too fun...I've so enjoyed your His-tory...you have a beautiful life and are grateful for it and that's true beauty!

I really need to do this myself, you're very inspiring!

Beth Herring said...

love the picture!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

How wonderful to have a such a long and successful marriage.

Bless both of you.

Spencer

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Love the wedding picture! Do we ever get tired of weddings?? No!

And now you are on another journey, it's still being written, but it's going to be good!

Mary said...

Yes, it is wonderful to know God is with us each step of our lives!!

And yes, that was my porch. I live in a very old house built in 1850. The porch was originally an L shape open porch. When we had the house painted a few years ago, we found the roof pretty rotted through, so we figured if we had to replace the roof why not screen it in then. We squared the porch up - it turned out to be much larger than expected, but we love every inch of it. I sleep out there often! :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

So, I Begin this Journey...... said...

Hello Janette!
Thank you for your loving comment on my recent post!
I feel somewhat disconnected in the blog world... must catch up!

What great photos! And your story..... thank you so much for sharing with all of us.

And thank you again and again for giving me the inspiration to be a better wife, mother, sister, friend....and what my next title to be in my career journey! ; )

xoxo
Lis

Unknown said...

Hey Janette.. great pictures..
I love looking at old pictures.. it like going back in an awesome way in the heart.. it can take all your stress and worry away..
thanks for a great post..

Anonymous said...

You two look so young, beautiful and innocent... such a glorious wedding day!

You've lived your marriage like all marriages should be lived... with commitment and love through the both good AND the bad.

Your life is a shining example for all of us, and exemplefies what a Christian marriage should look like.

I'm so happy to know you! Have a blessed weekend,

e-Mom

Debi said...

Your wedding picture is beautiful and oh, so familiar. :)
Our wedding colors were pink & baby blue. I thought we were the only ones. It was cutting edge fashion, huh?
Wonderful post and I have so enjoyed your journey.

Aspiring Mom2three said...

I've really enjoyed reading your post and how God has brought you to where you are today. I remember reading your Bravo post and loving it. What a wonderful legacy for your children! I'm so glad you wrote your story!

Debbie Petras said...

Janette, I loved your wedding photo. You looked so young but I guess you were. I love how your husband would not even entertain the divorce word. That is so good.

I loved this process of you sharing your story. I may need to go back to make sure I didn't miss any of your posts.

You are a blessing to me and I'm so glad we can be an encouragement to each other.

Hugs and love,
Debbie

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

I have enjoyed hearing and seeing the photos of your past. It's helped me to get to know you better Janette.

My hubby and I were married in 1976 and we had the very same colors. He wore a white long tail tux and our flower girls wore pink too.

Anne said...

What a lovely way to conclude the piggy tales project! I have the same feelings about the end being the beginning!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.payloansonline.com]payday advance loans[/url]
This is the best way to get all your health products online like green coffee, african mango, phen375 and others. Visit now

[url=http://goarticles.com/article/Total-Curve-Before-and-After-Pictures/7089742/]Total Curve[/url]

Anonymous said...

I appreciate, lead to I discovered just what I used to be
taking a look for. You've ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Feel free to surf to my web blog - clear

Related Posts with Thumbnails