Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Entering the World of Imagination

When was the last time you let yourself enter the world of Imagination?

This past weekend our yard became a field of mushroom circles due to our latest rain storm.  Popping up in their different shapes as they formed "fairy" rings in our grass.

Uncharacteristic of my loving husband, he came through the front door asking for the camera, while telling our four-year-old to hurry.  Before the adventure could begin my husband had allowed his imagination to overtake his sense of "to-do-list".  He rummaged through the toy box for some "little people."

Curious of Dad's unusual behavior, our four-year-old obediently followed his dad out with wonder.  His own imagination became engaged as Dad positioned the little people under the toadstools.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities. 
Theodor Geisel 



Imagination has brought mankind through the dark ages to its present state of civilization. Imagination led Columbus to discover America. Imagination led Franklin to discover electricity. 
L. Frank Baum 

He is the giant among the little people!!!
Live out of your imagination, not your history. 
Stephen Covey


Our God is the creator of imagination!  What imagination He has!  When was the last time you allowed your imagination to flow and experience an uncharacteristic part of yourself?  Doesn't it always put a giggle in your spirit when your imagination soars?  May you have the imagination of a child!  May you see the world around you through the Creator's Eyes!  May you slow down long enough to let imagination bubble up and overflow through you!

10 Joining in with more words:

Farm Girl said...

I love that your husband went to the toy box to get the little men. That is the sweetest thing ever. Really you are so blessed to have a four year old. As always, things may not be our plans but God's are always sweeter and gives us joy. Thanks for that post, it blesses me today.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so sweet!! What a wonderful moment between father and son to get lost in imagination.

Sometimes I think I have more imagination than I do good sense.

Cascia Talbert said...

That is so cute and creative! I bet he had fun playing outside with his dad.

Diana Ferguson said...

Love this!! I know your sweet 4 yr. old is such a joy!

Susannah said...

Wonderful, wonderful quotes to go with your encouragement that we all wake up from our slumber and "get creative!"

You made me laugh out loud with those toys under the mushrooms. Your husband is a keeper. I can see that you never lack for entertainment!

(((Hugs)))

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

E-mom...you got it on all points!!!
Hey for a 56 year-old-man this was pretty creative...trying to allow that son of age 4 keep him young!!!

BECKY said...

How delightful Janette! I think you could sell some of those photos! They are real charmers! And I love the whole imagination thing! I do a lot of that myself, too! Still need to do more, though! Thank so much for your inspiration and for sharing this plain old fantasy fun!!
Thanks also gal for your support of my shop! It means more to me than I can say. It is the realization of a dream for me, but all money made will be used toward eliminating our debt. WOOHOO! Can't wait!

Have a joyful Thursday, sweetie!
HUGS,
Becky

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

...what fun~

Debbie said...

Oh Janette I LOVED this post...How darling those little people looked under those mushrooms. I REALLY love though that your hubby took the time to help create this fantasy for your son. How darling was that?? Imagination is SUCH a wonderful thing. One of my little granddaughters spins her imagination often and creates the most wonderful games. She will bring me whatever she finds and includes me in her games, (once is was an old ski hat) "Now Grandma, put this on your head...you are sooo cold...and there is soo much work to be done outside." And then off we go outside to see what else she finds. She can just keep it going and going. I have told her she is my future author as the stories just seem to flow somewhere out of her little head. How I love it...Have a good day....HUGS, Debbie

Suzy said...

Wow...56 and a 4 year old...talk about needing patience!
This is great for forming the father-son bond and making memories.It's amazing the little things that they remember when they grow up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails