Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Monday, September 13, 2010

I WaS ObeDienT?!!!!

I was obedient and submissive, as in, I was sitting down, while standing up inside.

Our financial situation has continued to be a challenge.  As all commission earners know, you have good 
and bad weeks.
We, however, have been on a downhill slope of...how low can you go?

My husband in his creative wisdom called to ask about doing some research group.  He has done these in the past and it is fast and easy money.  They are a source of energy to him since he loves people.  Anywhere where he can meet and engage with people, even for free, well, he will be there.

I, on the other hand don't enjoy this kind of venue.  I have to have a purpose in meeting people!
I am a more one-on-one person, not strangers, where I am suppose to engage in conversation...
well, lets just say headache and throw up!!!

My husband  signed me up for one of these groups.  The money would pay for a week of groceries with 
supposedly, very little effort on my part.
After agonizing, complaining in my own personal way, completing the homework the group had assigned me,
I begrudgingly drove to my appointment.

Everything that could go wrong went wrong...as I repeated to myself...I am being submissive!!!!
The traffic backed up in two places making my arrival questionable.
The traffic meant my son wouldn't be picked up in time by the person getting him
The drive back would mean 5:00 traffic....make the journey 3x's more

I got into the parking garage...couldn't find the elevator, found it....needed to go to the bathroom....
well, that would have to wait. I was going to be late and late meant ZERO money.

Breathlessly, I walked in, gave my name and set down.
Within 5 minutes the nice lady announces that all our "early bird" names will go in to a drawing for more money
Remind you....I was the last in the door.
GUESS WHO WON???

I got quiet as the lady beside me congratulates me and starts a friendly conversation.
We explain our homework to the mentoring lady.

They start to call out names to continue in our research project......
my name isn't called????

I knew I had done something wrong and like I told my husband....there wasn't grace on this!!!
Would he have liked to go to a sewing class and answer questions?

The nice lady gets up to announce that they had too many, therefore, after 10 minutes we would be
released with full pay!!!!

Can you say humble pie???  Me, who now had a headache, had complained, belly-ached, reminded God 
I was being a obedient and submissive wife...........wouldn't have to do what I was scared of.

Shoulders down, head down, I walked out with more money than we had anticipated and started to
ask forgiveness.
As I slide into my car seat, I turned the radio on to hear Amy Grant's
"Better Than A Hallelujah"

It is His kindness that leads us to repentance.   
He could have made me set through that group for two hours, fight hours of traffic home and I wouldn't have received the correction.  I would have justified in my own "stubborn" head that God had another way of providing and that wasn't it!!!!
Instead...He blessed me through my "sin" and I came out humbled.

What a loving husband I have that he forgave me for my "stubborn" heart and a God who always forgives!!!

16 Joining in with more words:

Kathleen said...

The Lord has often used life-lessons to smooth out my own rough (often unbelieving) edges. His mercy and grace, not to mention blessings, overwhelm me!

What a fabulous story. He is faithful!

Kathleen

Theresa said...

Good job Janette. Boy can I relate!

Farm Girl said...

That is a amazing story. I am so glad you shared it. It has bolsters my faith today. Wow, that is so totally amazing, you left with even more money. Isn't God just so good to us when we are obedient to our husbands, even if we are standing up on the inside. I get sick too. I finally quit going to a Bible Study I went to for 8 years because I was so sick the day after with Migraines.
Meeting new people got so hard for me.
I am thankful God has opened the world of blogging up for me.
I never get stomach aches and migraines any more.
I still have my hope chest too, filled with baby clothes and my old raggedy Ann dolls.
Thanks for sharing you have so blessed me today.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I love-hate those egg on the face circumstances... where even though we do it grudgingly, God teaches us something every time! You shared this so honestly in a way that puts a big smile on my face!

Love you!

Unknown said...

Thank you for such a great post-I read it thinking with tears in my eyes, why do I do things dragging my feet or kicking and screaming-He always has our best in mind and wants to bless us so much if we allow Him to.
So many times I go in half trusting and not really believing in my heart that things will work out and every time He trumps it and blesses me in one way or another. Thank you for reminding me when we are obedient we are truly blessed and even when we are not faithful He is.
So glad that you were blessed this way. Praying for you!
I still want us to meet (even if you don't want to meet me-lol!) I will come with a purpose to discuss!

Cindy said...

I've had my share of humble pie too, especially where being submissive to my husband is concerned. One of these days I'll learn to keep my mouth shut and stay out of trouble! lol

Vickie said...

God works in mysterious ways, doesn't He??? Great post Janette! I think His children must all have a story or two like this! Thanks for sharing this us!

Susannah said...

This brings tears to my eyes, Janette. God is good, and you were trusting and obedient. That's WONDERFUL!

Remember, during those weeks when when you need an extra boost, there's always
Angel Food Ministries
... very good food for very little cost.

$30 will buy you a box to feed four for a whole week:

https://www.angelfoodministries.com/about/

"The food is all the same high quality one could purchase at a grocery store. There are no second-hand items, no damaged or out-dated goods, no dented cans without labels, no day-old breads and no produce that is almost too ripe."

(((Hugs))) e-Mom

myletterstoemily said...

oh janette,

i'm just like you. go to a room and just
talk with people, strangers? you would
have to pay me for the trauma.

i don't even 'lunch' with my friends. we
have to be walking or something. :)

i am so proud of you for following
through with something THAT hard!

and what a sweet reward!

yippee!!!!

Deborah Ann said...

I had that exact same thing happen to me! It was a diaper study, and I got full pay and got to go home because they overbooked!

Hey, email me, Janette. Just reply to this comment. I might have some ideas for you...

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Oh Janette, He is so faithful always....isn't He. We serve such a loving and gracious Father.

Praising God with you for His provision and the lessons He so gently carved into your heart. Thanks for sharing them with us. Blessed are the humble...may we all be so humble and submissive to both our husbands and our Heavenly Father.

So glad for happy endings. :)

Much love,
Stacy

Beth in NC said...

Praise God! That is wonderful -- even though you ate some humble pie. :o)

Thank you for the follow! It is always a blessing to meet another Sister in Christ. I normally write more than I am in this season, but we have a Corn Maze here on our farm and I am busy until Oct. 31st.

I returned the follow favor! :O)

Blessings!
Beth

Debbie Petras said...

Janette, I'm so glad you went. I've participated in many of these research studies but I never won the prize like you did. Wow; that's great. I've worn patches on my body and had to return for them to check my response. I almost signed up for one of those deodorant research studies but really didn't want someone sniffing my underarms. Can you imagine having a job like that?

Now that we moved to another area of town it's too far for me to travel to the studies. It wouldn't be worth the gas money. But if they have an overnight study, count me in.

I'm hanging in there with you praying for additional ways to generate an income. Hopefully, I'll start doing some substitute teaching since I received my background check card in the mail. Yay!

Hugs and love,
Debbie

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

What a wonderful reminder. Thank you! Praying for your situation to ease. Clearly God is there with you!
hugs,
Leslie

Diana Ferguson said...

This was a great story, Janette!!! What a blessing.

Jenn Bontrager said...

I love this post. It reminds me of how good God is to me even when I don't deserve it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails