Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm a Woman - W-o-m-a-n


Now there are just times, that a fun song takes all the pain out of cleaning house.  My hubby isn't "Mr Mom", even if he is at home, so as I trade one work hat for another, I am also juggling my household chores.  So please call before you come...it might not look too good around here.  Isn't that how it always goes?  The plumber never has his own plumbing fixed and this house cleaner/educator/interior decorator/child care worker....well just guess what you won't see around here right now.

So this song popped into my head and I smiled to myself while I cleaned the pot and mopped the floors and put on the lunch, before heading out the door to another job.  Come on....there are just times it is fun to celebrate our own achievements, even if we are exaggerating a little.



After an appointments with a new clients for decorating, I had a friend treat me to a pedicure.  Now I am not one of those who has the joy of a pedicure on a regular basis...I have had two in my 50-plus-years, but the best part  by far was the foot massage.  When you have been pounding the pavement in prayer, those feet were in need of some relaxation.

Now when I look down at my toes I giggle to myself and think..................wow!!! I even had a pedicure during this season of multiple wearing hats.

Another giggle is that I am now down two jean sizes!!!  I know it seems funny, but being a little smaller puts a bounce in my step and ego.

Have a good week.  I am off to class with my live tadpoles and one baby frog.  Now don't you wish you were a fly on the wall of my classroom?

26 Joining in with more words:

Pom Pom said...

You're a busy girl! Yay for pedicures! They are a sweet encouragement, I agree.
There is always a lot to do and thank you, Jesus, that we can do it.
Have a lovely week, lovely friend!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Love the song, I've never heard it. LOVE the 2 sizes down... GOOD FOR YOU!! Pedicure? yep... once in a while it's pretty awesome... Mostly, I love love LOVE your attitude!! :)

Christine said...

You are my Positive Pal!

Brenda Lazzaro Yoder, said...

I'm so excited for you - such an authentic woman in love with the Lord, growing your business, and letting His love and joy shine through you. Congratulations on all of this! Have a great day friend!

Debbie said...

Love the song! haha...YAY on the two sizes down. I haven't seen that happen over here in quite a while! Nothing like a good pedicure for relaxing. Enjoy your week!

Farm Girl said...

Wow I am so glad you have found things to laugh about, and two jean sizes is fantastic.
Hang in there,

Angel said...

Awesome! That's a fun song to celebrate Womanhood for sure. :)

You are an inspiration and I hope you have many more pedicures in your future!

BTW, I'm making some changes to my blog which I announced today. I hope you have a chance to check it out soon. Blessings!

Sandy said...

I am so proud of you, my friend. You are quite a woman for sure! Down two jean sizes? That's wonderful and I am sure you feel great. Glad you had the pleasure of a pedicure, too.
Love ya!

Sue Anne McKinney said...

yahooo for pedicures and 2 jean sizes down. Way to go! I think I had my first pedicure when Kristen got married? It's a special event, but boy, it's an amazing one, isn't it?

Sharon said...

Though I am super-impressed by ALL you do - it's the jeans thing that I am celebrating with you the most! (Vanity, thy name is me!)

Call Janette woman, hear her roar!

GOD BLESS!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, goodie for you Jeanette! Down 2 sizes, wow! But, it's no wonder, you never sit still, you are always burning calories! Happy new week!

Nancy said...

I am so proud of you....a new decorating job and two sizes down...way to go girlfriend.....and the pedicure is the icing on the cake....I hope you have a wonderful week....

Did you get my email...?

Sally said...

Grace be to you as you find joy in the trial.

Maryann said...

I do love your attitude, praying that God would continue to give you much grace...and continued energy :) Gotta love the two jean sizes down!

Vee said...

Yay! On all counts! Praying with you for an answer to all those prayers.

Sue said...

Well, I have finally learned the secret to getting skinny, I must get myself busy, as this winter has caused me to go up two sizes, I can't figure out why, I am always picking up other girl's pounds when they lose them. lol Dh says a busy person is a happy person, and I sure heard a lot of happy in this post! I think of you and Benjamin so often, though I am very seldom here in blogland. I am so busy with the farm and getting ready for company coming in May. Every week is going to be filled to the brim with family, they all decided to come before the heat came. ~smile~
Much love to both of you,
Sue

podso said...

So much is happening in your life, and congrats on dropping two sizes. You sound so busy juggling all this, but happy as well! Keep looking up!

Anonymous said...

Love that song. It was much encouragement for me tonight. Just what I needed.

Tanna said...

Love to hear of the pep in your step, Janette!! What color did you choose for polish? It has been so very long since I've had a pedicure... you are almost making me want to go have one! Congratulations on two sizes down... it is pretty amazing how much better we feel with the excess baggage (no matter how it shows up in life) gone. I need to let go of a few pounds myself. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

Crown of Beauty said...

Hi dear friend
I've not been around other blogs much these past months... but that doesn't mean I have forgotten you. So today, since I'm in the neighborhood, I decided to drop by and say "Hello..." And also to find out what has been happening in your life.

This post was such a delight to read. Wow, you're two sizes down... your positive attitude has always lifted up my spirits, and today, reading this post was such a booster for me.

Happy Spring... and I'll be visiting again one of these days!

Love
Lidia

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Wow, Jeanette. First congratulations on the new size jeans, and then, thanks for sharing the song and your sweet self with us. You are an inspiration and encouragement to the rest of us. God bless you.

Marsha Young said...

My goodness, Janette, you are a "working wonder" as they used to say. And now you are a skinny working wonder. Good for you!

myletterstoemily said...

how about a photo of your 'woman-ness!'
always inspiring, janette! don't know how
you do it. might have something to do
with your great sense of humor!

Rebecca said...

Wow! Congratulations on your new pant size! There ARE some up-sides to the down-times, aren't there? :)

Debbie said...

I'm sorry to be so very, very late to this W-O-M-A-N party. True confession: I have never had a pedicure in my life. Lord knows it would be an improvement, but I am so ashamed of my ugly feet. Plus, they are ticklish.

I hope you enjoyed every moment of your foot massage and pedicure. Personally, I think it was a wonderful treat and came at just the right time.

After all, you are stepping out all over the place. You might as well do it with pretty feet.

And now, I'm clicking the link.

Holly Williams Urbach said...

I so understand the path you are on right now and so glad to be sharing it with you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails