Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

Although we are still running our  A/C,  we loaded  up and headed for the Pumpkin Patch.  For over 13 years we have made our way to the same Pumpkin Patch for fall entertainment.  Each year the younger four have been measured by the scarecrow and our daughter wanted her new finance to join the family tradition.  He didn't miss a beat as we measured him to see just how he measures up.



Daughter (Nicole) and Benjamin thinks he measures up just fine.  He has carved out a place in both of their hearts.

I was so glad Benjamin could enjoy this year with two healthy legs.  He doesn't even remember his broken leg from two years ago and for that I so thankful.  One of his friends joined us to play among the pumpkins.

There were bounce houses, pumpkin houses, hay rides and time for pictures.
We believe Michael measures up just fine....we know our daughter is beyond happy.
So in Texas....we do have fall...just a little warmer than most, but it still holds a time for making memories. We grabbed that time and made the most of it.

21 Joining in with more words:

Cindy said...

I miss those days! I used to take our kids to a pumpkin patch like that.

Have a blessed day!

Debbie said...

Good morning! Glad you enjoyed it! Benjamin is getting soo big! Texas Fall's look like California Falls! haha Enjoy your week Janette!

Farm Girl said...

It looks like so much fun. I hope this nice cool weather that we have today makes it your way. :)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So much fun! Love the pics of your happy family!

Angela said...

Those are great pictures! You all look so good:)

Christine said...

What a great way to celebrate the change of season. Plus, it's a fun way to include the new guy in the family (haha). Your daughter looks so happy! When is the wedding?

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I just love those pictures! What a great looking family!

Rebecca said...

Good for you! I think I'll put a visit to the pumpkin patch on the agenda SOMEwhere this week. The weather is supposed to be "warm" up here...

Vee said...

Happy times! Love these beautiful pumpkin patch pictures. You all look so happy and content.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

13 years ... a wonderful tradition.

Sandy said...

Oh, I love pumpkin patches and autumn! These pictures of you and your sweet family are wonderful, Janette, and I see you are wearing the necklace I made you! Yea!
Hugs~

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I took my little Princess to the PUmpkin Patch last week and she loved it and so did I. Pumpkin Patch and Fall just go hand in hand.

What a cute couple and so happy for them and how wonderful that you feel he "measures up" too. That's the way it ought to be.

Happy week!

Debbie said...

I just love it that she brought her finance for the picture. Actually, I think the idea of a yearly picture is just great, period. It looks like you are ALL having a wonderful time. We haven't done a single thing like that this fall. We need to!

That Benjamin is just cute, btw. I haven't told you that lately.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Janette! It looks like you guys had lots of fun at the pumpkin patch! I love your photos! SO CUTE!

myletterstoemily said...

i love seeing photos of your family.
you always remind me of jeanne
tripplehorn.

Debbie Petras said...

What fun! I'm so glad you take the time to do family things like this.

Love,
Debbie

Maryann said...

What a fun day, you all look wonderful. Love the photo of you and your daughter. Our fall has not been much different than yours but at least the a/c is off

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Janette, what a fun family tradition. My hometown did not have any pumpkin patches - too cold to grow pumpkins. It seems to be a big tradition here in Boise, but Bill and I aren't so inclined without small ones in tow, and they all live hundreds of miles away. So, thank you for sharing your family tradition. I love seeing your photos.

Karen said...

what a fun time! Your daughter is so pretty, will be a beautiful bride.

Sally said...

The cold is on it's way! It is supposed to eek through Lubbock by 9am. I have to admit I've enjoyed the 80's this week, but as long as the sun shines I say, "Bring it on, I've got sweaters to wear!"

Canadagirl said...

Ohhh so different here. We have been lighting our wood stove the last couple of days. And I loved seeing how your kids all measured up. [o= And it was fun seeing your hubby and you with such big smiles.

Blessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary

Related Posts with Thumbnails