Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Sunday, January 31, 2010

Step One, Getting in Order

As I attacked our fantastically, large pantry, I looked through the door of the mess and knew it was time to get a hold of this Middle Age Mess.
This disorganized pantry resembled what I was allowing to over-come me, just throw and go.  A survival technique that needed to change as I re-entered the dance of life.

As I managed to remove all the items I was able to see the potential ahead. Starting with a new canvas is always promising.
The lesson I kept hearing, while digging through the mess, it is easier to maintain then to rebuild.  My body is reminding me of this daily.
Martha Stewart watch out!  I was starting to see progress and excited at the organized shelves.  I had to leave my microscope in the pantry, one of the last signs that I am still a home school mom.

The job was completed.  The dread of wrestling this pantry was larger then the effort it took to put it back in order.  I believe there is a lesson there also.  So, as I continue to press on into this new decade, with the hope of a new make-over, I pray I will learn from the lessons I learned from cleaning out my pantry.

Now I am ready to learn how to make home-made Artisan bread.

"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven,...A time to tear down and a time to build up,  A time to cry and a time to laugh, a time to grieve and a time to dance..." Ecc. 3:1 - 8

May I continue to move forward in this season.



0 Joining in with more words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails