Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Thursday, January 21, 2010

Editing My Life or Returning to the Potters Wheel

Edit, edit, edit, I am learning to edit.

Isn't that the way life is? You start over, you throw things away, you re-invent, re-design, re-create and hope that the new product is all you intended.

The year 2010 is the year for drastic change. There are so many parts, of this too-soon-to-be- half-century lady, that needs to have an overhaul.

I am getting back on the potter's wheel. I am letting him re-form me. I am praying he will mold me with a little less curves, and more of a reflection of Him. It is time to submit once more to the molding of the potter's gentle touch.

Beth Moore says that God allows things to rise to the top in order for them to be removed.

The last decade has been very challenging, as well as rewarding, but it is now over. Somewhere in the challenges, I jumped off the potters wheel or protested too much at the spinning, the heat of the kiln or the paint he was trying to apply.

Now I am on a year-long adventure of re-inventing myself, re-designing my home, re-organizing, re-upholstering worn furniture and investing in the man God gave me so many years ago. As I submit to the spinning of the wheel, I hope to also journal the truths that God is instilling in me through this process.

As I learn more on creating my blog, I plan to name this journey Middle Age Madness, because that is the season I seem to find myself.

My desire is for my children and grandchildren to be able to look back and see that God can re-mold us when we submit to the potter's wheel, showing that, even during middle age, God isn't finished with us until we reach heaven.

2 Joining in with more words:

Alice said...

God isn't finished with us until we reach heaven.

I love it! I know this is an old post, but Happy 2011:)

Sue said...

Beautiful Janette, and oh so for me today, How right Beth was when she said things have to come to the top to be taken out. I am a little older than you and God is still working on me. I think for this year I too need to go back on the potters wheel. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs, Sue

Related Posts with Thumbnails