Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Sunday, February 28, 2010

200th Birthday March 1, 2010

Spring is approaching as anticipation lingers in the cool breeze  March 1st announces earth's waking from her slumber.

March 1, 2010 also marks the 200th Birthday of Frederic Chopin, known as "the poet of the piano".

Can you even imagine anyone 200 years from now knowing you were alive?  I am sure I will just be dates in the record books, but some people leave their marks behind for centuries.


Today, I will play our Chopin CD's, stop a few minutes to read a short biography on his life and let my little one attempt to play a piece on the piano.  We might be able to coax my gifted husband's fingers to fly across the keys as we close our eyes to enjoy this beautiful, God-given gift of music from a man who lived 200 years ago.

A man that has a taste of music, paintings, or architecture is like one that has another sense, when compared with such as have no relish of those arts.  - Joseph Addison

As we look forward to the spring season, may we find ways in which to bring another sense, the love of the arts, into our home.

 A Source for reading from my home school library - "The Gift of Music" Jane Stuart Smith

0 Joining in with more words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails