Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Sunday, September 18, 2011

I Trust in Jesus - Sunday Singings

google image
Second to reading the Word of God (Holy Bible), along with other books that have increased my walk of faith, is music.  Music has spoken to my heart as powerful at times as the written or spoken word.

As my older ones entered their teen years I made a conscience effort to reach out to different genres of music.  One group I embraced was Third Day.  I remember my oldest attending their concerts and pumping their songs through our house.  My now fifteen-year-old son...then just a toddler, would bounce to songs of his brother's music...all giving praise to the Lord God.

I will not be "silent" nor will I allow the rocks to cry out in Praise louder than I.  I will lift my hands to a Holy God and offer up my sacrifice of praise.

Today I share one of my newest favorite praise songs.  The video is wonderful.  I have also posted the words for those who don't care to listen or watch.  My desire is that you will enter into Praise as I dedicate this post again to my grandmother...the one who took me to Sunday Singings.  I am sure she is in heaven tapping her toe in Praise and lifting up her hands to her Lord.

I also read this article Shaking America and the World (click to read)(thanks Susan) this week which seems to go with this song and my finished reading on Jonah.  I was convicted and stirred.




One of these days we all will stand in judgment for
Every single word that we have spoken
One of these days we all will stand before the Lord
Give a reason for everything we've done
And what I've done is

Trust in Jesus
My great Deliverer
My strong Defender
The Son of God
I trust in Jesus
Blessed Redeemer
My Lord forever
The Holy One, the Holy One

What are you going to do when your time has come
And your life is done and there's nothing you can stand on
What will you have to say at the judgment throne
I already know the only thing that I can say I

There's nothing I can do on my own to find forgiveness
It's by His grace alone I trust in Jesus
Trust in Jesus



I Trust in Jesus!

29 Joining in with more words:

Unknown said...

oh wow.. I love that song.. I had never hear that one from them..
gonna post it on my face book..
thanks for sharing.. love ya friend..have a great Sunday..

camp and cottage living said...

Great lyrics. I have been giving this a lot of thought lately too.
Perfect timing for me to read this!

So, I Begin this Journey...... said...

Hello!
I completely hear you on the song "growth". It is amazing when we connect on the music our kids enjoy it can open up a dialogue when moments are difficult when speaking with teens.
Funny how I go from listening to kindergarten silly songs to Toby Mac! But all is good!! : )
Hoping you are well and your family..... thank you for sharing this post!

Vee said...

Thank you for sharing that particular song. I like it a lot.
And I especially like the picture of Jesus standing with the man at the judgement seat. Prais God for Him. He makes all the difference. A blessed Sunday evening to you, Janette!

Kathleen said...

I've been hearing this song a lot of late. Such powerful lyrics; and such powerful truths!

Cindy said...

I can relate to having to keep up with contemporary music with my kids! Love the song you feature.

Still praying for our boys.

Tanna said...

beautiful. just beautiful!! blessings ~ tanna

Nikki (Sarah) said...

awesome song....amazing words...and music has helped me too especially in those moments I felt alone....hope you're having a great weekend.

Sharon said...

This was stirring, Janette!

I loved it. Yes, when all is said and done, there is only ONE thing that matters. There is only ONE question we have to answer. It's the one that Jesus asked the disciples:

"Who do you say that I am?"

Oh, for me, all I can say is this - "Jesus, dear Jesus, You are the Messiah, the Son of the Living God. In You alone is my salvation, my joy, my hope!"

Amen, Janette - THAT is a Song to sing in our hearts!

GOD BLESS!

susanwalkergirl said...

Thank you Janette for sharing. I really liked the lyrics.

"And what I've done is

Trust in Jesus
My great Deliverer
My strong Defender
The Son of God
I trust in Jesus
Blessed Redeemer
My Lord forever
The Holy One, the Holy One"

Praise God...I too trust in Jesus. May that trust be walked out in my everyday life through the power of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God alive within me.

Maryann said...

Wow, timely song for me. I need to hot link this video and watch it every time I start to listen to the lies that so tend to discourage. Such truth in those lyrics, thanks for posting

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, Janette, just as you, music speaks to my heart. I love it and can experience revival all by myself with music. What a lovely post and a lovely featured song. Blessings for a great week!

Petra said...

I really like his voice. Great lyrics! Blessings!

Unknown said...

Amen-this is great. I love to sing and music has and I think always will speak to me heart in ways sometimes that nothing else can. Loved this thanks for sharing!
Hugs
Jill

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

What a perfect way to end this Sunday Janette, both this song and the rain we just got! You too??

I really loved this writing by Joel Rosenberg. Wise words and makes me think, again, I wonder how long it will be till Jesus returns. Everything is pointing in that direction isn't it?

Till that day... on we go, mindful each day of how short this life is.

xo

Rebecca said...

I so agree with you about music! And I am trusting in Jesus, too!

no spring chicken said...

I LOVE third day! And this is a great song... Once again, I'm with you Janette.

Blessings, Debbie

Sally said...

Music is a big part of my worship experience, and currently it is stagnant. A much loved music leader left our church for another and their replacement is not as dynamic. I'm trying to get past my personal preferences but it is difficult to make the change. Love 3rd Day.

Stephanie said...

Music moves me deeply, and like you said, sometimes it gets to me more than just words. It is so powerful. It must be why God tells us to make a joyful noise to Him because He knows the power of music, and the effect it has on us.

A multi-dimensional life said...

Love the song; love the article (Joel is so right on)- Amen!
Thanks for this powerful post, dear friend!

Debbie said...

I'm the same way about music, It really speaks to me. I'm also the same about broadening my scope as the girls were growing up. I love their praise music as much as the old Gaither songs and camp meeting music.

Debbie said...

And I forgot to say: I liked the song!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Janette. I am so thankful for my precious Savior and Advocate.

Enjoy your evening.
Much love,
Marcia

Vickie said...

I do, too, Janette! Powerful song! I've lived long enough and been imperfect enough to know that there's no way I can stand in His presence withouth the blood of the Saviour covering my sins and washing me white as snow! Thanks for sharing this!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful song! Thanks for the encouragement.:)

Crown of Beauty said...

Music is the language of the soul,and I believe, of heaven as well.

You did well to learn to appreciate the kind of music your children like. I have done that myself, and as a result I have really enjoyed very many Christian groups like Jars of Clay, Casting Crowns, and many others!

Thanks for sharing the song. I have read the lyrics - they are so appropriate for our times!

Will come back later to listen.

Thanks for sharing!

Love
Lidia

Finding Joy said...

Lovely lyrics and a great reminder to think about how we behave.

Blessings

Sue said...

Awesome song, and the pictures, wow! And like you Janette, music ministers to me so much.Heaven is not a quiet place, and I am so enjoying this dress rehearsal.
I will visit this site, thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Sue

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

What a balm for my soul. I have so missed my visits here. I must schedule your blog into my morning routine (ha - what routine - the hurry hurry rush rush one)! I am so sad that I've not yet put the last touches on your small package... The creative me wants to make something special to reflect what a special friend you've become. The pragmatic me says "just MAIL what you have!" I am sorry. It will arrive soon! Meanwhile I return here every morning with a grateful heart.
xo
Leslie

Related Posts with Thumbnails