Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Friday, September 23, 2011

High Hopes

google image

Just what makes that silly of ant think he can move a rubber tree plant?



This past week brought some challenges.  Tears were flowing out of frustration, prayers were being prayed and directions were being sought.  In the midst of this time Benjamin and I were studying ants.  There is so much to be learned from the ant.

Through this bump in the road, God swept down and gave me a laughing hug.  So, as I looked at the suggested song for Benjamin's study on ants, I burst into singing this little child's song.  Oh my, just like we have all stated before...the Power of Music.  In just seconds I was grinning and the burden was lighter as we sang about the ant.

If you haven't already watched the precious video I will share with you the words.

My desire for you this weekend is that you have High Hopes and all your Problems Go Kerplop.  We are entering a new week like the ant and the ram....not letting go of our High Hopes!
(*dedicated to my precious high school son who had a very hard week)


Writer(s): Cahn/Van Heusen


Next time you're found, with your chin on the ground
There a lot to be learned, so look around

Just what makes that little old ant
Think he'll move that rubber tree plant
Anyone knows an ant, can't
Move a rubber tree plant

But he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So any time you're gettin' low
'stead of lettin' go
Just remember that ant
Oops there goes another rubber tree plant

When troubles call, and your back's to the wall
There a lot to be learned, that wall could fall

Once there was a silly old ram
Thought he'd punch a hole in a dam
No one could make that ram, scram
He kept buttin' that dam

but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So any time you're feelin' bad
'stead of feelin' sad
Just remember that ram
Oops there goes a billion kilowatt dam

All problems just a toy balloon
They'll be bursted soon
They're just bound to go pop

Oops there goes another problem kerplop
Oops, there goes another problem kerplop
Oops, there goes another problem kerplop
Kerplop!


28 Joining in with more words:

Maryann said...

Isn't it just like God to give us just what we need when we need it. I remember singing that song as a child and it gave me a smile this morning.
Have a blessed weekend

Canadagirl said...

What a important thing to remember! I am so glad that the Lord gave you a God breeze during this time. It makes oh so much more meaningful when the Lord shows us rather than man. It always makes me feel so much more loved when He shows me and He cares that much to take the time for little old me. Don't we have to most amazing and loving creator and Father in Heaven?!?

This post blessed me so much, thank you. ((HUGS))

Blessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary

Always Nesting said...

Oh the power of laughter. Great post and a good lesson/reminder for all of us. Thank you.

Farm Girl said...

That is always such a good thing to remember.
Have a great weekend.

Theresa said...

Hi Janette! My kids and I enjoyed the video. Now they are singing it :)
Have a great weekend.

Vee said...

It's even better when you substitute whatever the rubber tree plant is or the dam is in our own lives. So many times we've seen the difficulty defeated. We need to write those things down and remember. Thanks for the encouraging word, Janette!

Sandy said...

I have always loved this song
and haven't thought of it in
years! It's oh so sweet and
encouraging. Have had your boy
on my mind and kept him in my
prayers. Thanks for bringing a
big smile to my face today and
now I'll probably be singing
that song all day. And that's
not such a bad thing!
Keep your hopes high!
Hugs & Blessings~

Karen said...

The first thing I thought of when I saw the title for your post was this song! I was going to say something to you about you getting me to sing it. Then, lo and behold, you have the music right there on your post! Thanks for the smile today!

Rebecca said...

High Hopes! I ♥ it. My God is Higher than any other!

I just prayed about your "rubber tree/dam". Nothing is too difficult for Him.

Cindy said...

That song makes me smile too. So glad you got that hug from God just when you needed it.

Alice said...

The power of music indeed! I'm rediscovering it myself:)

Sally said...

Sorry for the difficult week. Keep the hopes high. In the end everything will be okay; if it's not okay, it's not the end.
Hope the weekend is brighter.

Susannah said...

A wonderful word! Now you've got wme singing High Hopes... one of those classic songs that will go on in the background of my mind for hours.

I hope you have a terrific weekend, Janette. ღ

Shelley said...

Very cute!! Thanks for sharing!

Christine said...

Oh, does this bring back memories!
You must have such a interesting and fun time teaching your children. Oh... the lesson they are learning.
God's timing is perfect, as you know.

Patty Marker said...

That little song brought such a welcome smile to my tired Friday evening face. I pray the bump has been smoothed out for you. Hugs, Patty

Petra said...

Might last week have been a week of sore challenges and tears for everyone? I love this post. It's just what the good Physician ordered! Blessings, friend!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

We sang this when we were little and we sang it when my kids were little. Love it! Glad you felt God's love through words and music. He is always gladdened when He sees us really paying attention to things that are easy to overlook or take for granted. :)

Tanna said...

Just what we all needed... to hear that little song and feel the smile come over our faces. I HOPE your are high and all our troubles go kerplop all the weekend long... blessings ~ Tanna

Sue said...

AIN"T GOD GOOD!! He evens sends a little tiny creature to remind us of how much He loves us, and of how His eyes go to and fro on this earth, never letting a thing slip by him. I want to cry, I want to shout, I want to laugh I want to fall on my knees in humble adoration.... And if you will excuse me I think I will do it all!!As always I leave inspired to be my best for Him.
Hugs,
Sue

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Janette, you were God's messenger for me this morning. I had a very hard decision to make and after much prayer, decided to step out in faith. Now, I read your post about the ant. Confirmation I made the right choice! Our God is truly amazing!

Unknown said...

Janette..see that is where Gods children get blessed.. even in the midst of a trial..we are open to see him working, even sending little messages of hope to us..to ensure us that , even though we dont understand it.. or even know which way to turn..he has it all under control..He is good to those who love him, because he loves us sooo much.. xoxoxo

Sharon said...

I just love this song. It brings back so many memories. If there's one thing we can count on in this topsy-turvy life, it's that with Jesus we can have the very HIGHEST hopes.

The Lord will lift us up, just at the right time...

GOD BLESS!

Stephanie said...

I love how God uses the littlest of creatures to teach us the biggest of lessons. Love that song, and haven't heard it in years. Sorry for your son's difficult week, and hope the song lightened his load a little. Reading the comments, it seems to have lightened a lot of loads this week.

Anonymous said...

Janette,
What a great song. A happy hug from God, indeed!

A multi-dimensional life said...

Janette, you and your son are in my prayers, sweet friend...for all your problems to go kerplop!
And I think I hear that billion killowat dam right popping right now! xoxo

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I needed this tonight as a gentle reminder. Blessings to you on this new week!

Debbie said...

Jamette, I had never seen that version, neither did I know that there were other verses beyond the ant.

I remember it from an episode of "Lavern and Shirley" when I was in college. My roommate, whom we called Shirley, used to sing it to me when I was all ferhoodled with problems.

I loved this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails