Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Monday, September 26, 2011

Celebrating You!



This post is dedicated to you the bloggers.  I am here cheering from the sideline saying,
  "Thank-You! You all Rock!"

I wish I could write pages and pages of celebration about each one of you....I have been truly blessed.  Today I want to stop and celebrate the artistry of two fellow bloggers and one that I had the joy to meet.

Sandy of Faith, Hope and Love is what I would call a vessel of refined silver.  The story goes that the silver smith will heat the silver, pulling the dross to the top...the dross is the impurities in the silver.  He would remove the dross and continue to heat until he can see his own reflection in the refined silver.
Sandy reflects the image of her Savior.  Her blog has inspired me to push in on my relationship with the Lord, as have so many other Christian bloggers post.
She is also a creator of beautiful jewerly.  I am honored to own  this necklace from Sandy's creative hands. With my necklace she wrote the meaning behind each stone and the word God had given her for me through this necklace.  She will be starting a blog to sell her beautiful creations.

This necklace is a Christmas gift for a love one who gives herself selfishly daily to serve others.


Cindy at Letters from Midlife is another artist.  She glorifies the Lord through her camera lens and writing.   She combines her talent in photography with her love for hand-written notes.  She sells her cards also (click on her name to see).  Her cards were the first mail I received in my new mail box.





Then last week I had the honor of meeting a fellow blogger...Lori @ His Song to Sing.
She was traveling through my city and we meet at a wonderful little bistro.  She brought with her two, life-long  friends to join us.  The three women just glowed with the Glory of the Lord and their love and support of each other is a true gift from God.  It was my pleasure to meet them all.  It was a delight to see each other in three dimension!


Posted by Picasa
Lori was as dignifed and gracious as she comes across on her blog.  This meeting was a wonderful blessing.

By putting flesh on another blogger I realized what an honor it is to enter into the blog world and meet women from all over the world.

So today I celebrate each of you. I pray for you and ask the Lord to continue to bless you and your family.  Thanks for all your comments and visits.  What an awesome tool the Lord is using to expand and encourage His Bride.  How beautiful is the Bride of Christ.

Have a wonderful week.

34 Joining in with more words:

Crown of Beauty said...

I couldn't agree with you more, dear Janette. This month I have been through turbulent waters and it is my blog friends who have helped keep me afloat, through prayers, through email, through kind comments, all a form of support and encouragement to me.

I really love Sandy... she is kindness in action, one blogger I would certainly love to meet face to face someday.

CIndy and I have been blog friends for a long time, and I was privileged to receive ten of her photography cards, a giveaway and friendship gift from Elaine Olsen at Peace for the Journey.

You are also one blog friend I truly appreciate - for your honesty, and depth of insight.

Praying that God will rain down His abundant blessings on you this week...

Love
Lidia

Debbie Petras said...

We are truly blessed by our blogging friends, aren't we? My nonblogging friends don't know quite understand but they are missing out on a beautiful thing.

I follow both Sandy and Cindy's blog. I couldn't agree more with the description you gave of these women. I've been blessed by their words as they write on their blogs and also comment on Heart Choices. I also received several of Cindy's cards with her beautiful flower pictures.

I'm so glad you got to meet Lori in person. Those first meetings are amazing as you've already gotten to know her heart by reading her blog. I hope one day to meet you in person too.

A beautiful tribute!

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Janette....this is such a great post...your words about celebrating bloggers and even putting skin to one of them....awesome. The best thing I love about bloggy....is meeting the most amazing people....and you're one of them. You shine. ☺

Sue said...

Thanks for saying what is on all of our hearts, Janette, I celebrate all my blogging friends with you, and I can't wait to me thess ladies. Be blessed today.
Hugs,
Sue

Farm Girl said...

How very nice and how beautiful. You are truly blessed.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I also love both of those ladies, they are always a blessing, and indy's cards in right over here on my shelf too. :)

You are so right Janette, these blogging ladies have become my 'pals', and you are one of them!

xo

NanaNor's said...

Hi sweet friend, Loved reading this because you are such a blessing to so many too. I also purchased a necklace from Sandy but can't post a photo because I'm afraid the intended birthday girl will see it.
It is always so much fun to meet other bloggers-just wish you were closer.
Hugs, Noreen

Cindy said...

I'm so humbled by this post. Thank you for the kind words! I didn't start blogging to be social but I'm so glad it ended up that way! I treasure my friends here.

Petra said...

What joy to meet new and dear friends through blogging! And what a sweet way of celebrating such a blessing! Wishing you a beautifully blessed week!

Sandy said...

Thank you, Janette, for your
kind words about the friendships
made through blogging and my
jewelry designs.
I do hope we can meet some day
as I consider you such a blessing
in my life. I never dreamed such
true and meaningful relationships
could be found in this medium.
You, Cindy, Lidj, Noreen, Debbie, Dianne,and so many more wonderful ladies have been such an encouragement to me. I treasure all of you.
Love,
Sandy

camp and cottage living said...

Janette
Yes, our blogging friends are such a blessing! I'm not familar with the ladies you've shared about, but have met many other very dear ladies blogging!
You being one of them!Thanks for sharing what's in your heart!

Tanna said...

Truer words have never been spoken (written). Blogging provides venue for an amazing network of wonderful people. I am so grateful to be a part of it and to have crossed paths with you, Janette. Sandy is so creative! I am off to visit. blessings ~ tanna

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

That would be a great joy to meet three such wonderful ladies and to spend some basking in His love through them. Beautiful post. You are indeed blessed.

Christine said...

You are so blessed to have so many friends that support you.
Blogging has opened doors and hearts for alot of us. This is a great demonstration of the love that is given.

Thanks for the celebration!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Aren't bloggers wonderful.

Fondly,
Glenda

Maryann said...

Celebrating right along with you, how fun to be able to meet one of your blogging friends in person. In addition to the ladies you mentioned you too have blessed me immensely

Vickie said...

Janette - I haven't met these gals, but will have to check them out. They sound wonderful, and I'm glad you got to meet one of them. Meeting blogfriends is just the BEST! I know it has been for me! We all have an impartial, honest audience out there where we can kinda be ourselves, and most of us are going through the same things, stages of life, problems, kids, etc. There's just something about women needing other women of like mind to lift one another up, to encourage, to receive encouragement, just to laugh sometimes. We gravitate to some special ones and become good friends - just as good as if you saw them every day! And it's so neat and such a great blessing to meet those special ones in person!
Growing the church - alot of us really are Sisters in Christ!

Susannah said...

You're always looking outward Janette. You're a gem, and you're the one who should be celebrated! A lovely post and tribute to your friends.

Hugs, e-Mom

no spring chicken said...

Introductions to new friends are always welcome! Thanks Janette. I have to say that I've yet to meet a blogging buddy but I love the way you put it, "seeing someone in 3-d". How wonderful.

I also must mention here that apparently we are on the same dream station. The picture of your dream library is MY dream library... wouldn't it be lovely?

Blessings, Debbie

Debbie said...

I got to meet some new bloggers today! I hadn't heard of any of these so I thank you for the introduction.

I feel as you do that I have met some wonderful people through blogging. Sometimes, you get that "I'm alone" feeling, even though you know intellectually that it isn't true. When I open a blog (like yours) and see how many soul sisters I have out there there in this huge world, it gives me a great deal of comfort. I count my entrance into blog land as a God directed step that that reaped so much of that godly GOOD in my life.

And I count YOU among my favorites. Is that OK to say out loud?

Canadagirl said...

What beautiful necklaces and what beautiful bloggers that made them. Don't you love meeting blog friends? It is soooooo much fun.

Blessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary

Sharon said...

Yes, Janette, yes.

I am continually grateful for the many friends that I have met through blogging. God has woven a new thread amongst His Body through this avenue. I have also been challenged, convicted, inspired, encouraged countless times through well-spoken words (of course, including yours!!) It is a community of believers that hold strong...may God continue to do His work.

Celebrating all of us with you - WOO HOO!

GOD BLESS!

Always Nesting said...

What a sweet, sweet post!! I love it that you are thinking of others. That's what makes blogging buddies and our relationships special.

Gwen T said...

What a beautiful post, Janette! Blogging is such a unique way to grow those friendships and to encourage each other in Christ!

One year ago when I started blogging I would have never dreamed the friends I would "meet"! (and some in real life through blogging)

Shanda said...

I, too, am continually amazed by the bonds that are forming with other bloggers: friendships truly sent from God.

Lisa said...

Bloggers do rock! This is such a beautiful network of talented, caring and creative women. What a joy to be a part of it all.:)

susanwalkergirl said...

Dearest Jeanette,

Thank you for sharing the bloggers who have touched you. I too have been touched by Sandy. Visiting her blog "Faith, Hope & Love" brings me such peace and gratitude to know the Lord Jesus.

I look forward see the other bloggers you introduced Cindy and Lori.

Blessings in Christ...Susan

Trisha said...

What a sweet tribute to your friends as you share about the beautiful work of their hands. And, isn't it wonderful to be able to meet online friends in person?

Rebecca said...

SOOOOOOOOOO funny! I had formulate my comment in my mind. I was simply going to say, "Couldn't agree with you more!"

Lo and Behold, those were the words the first commenter said and they appeared right beside the comment blox! (And it was Lidia - another one whom I celebrate along with you, Janette!)

Farming On Faith said...

Amen and Amen some more.

I just love my blog friends!

His Song to Sing said...

What a humbling moment it was to read your post tonight and find our picture and your oh so kind words about our "3-D" meeting last week. You were so kind to my friends I brought along but then I knew you would be. I came away so thankful to have met you. I already had a great respect for you from your writings and now that respect has "skin on." And thank you for linking your followers to my blog! Guess I better warm up my voice and start "singing" again. I've been in a dry spell but I'm feeling renewed and inspired by your kind words and sweet spirit.

A multi-dimensional life said...

What a sweet post. Yes these women are lovely. Your words reflect my feelings for all the beautiful godly women I've met through this experience and you are at the top of the list. I celebrate you! xo

Marsha Young said...

Janette - YOU have truly been a blessing to me, and I am sure, to many other bloggers as well.

So glad you got to meet some new friends "in the flesh". :)

blessings to you - Marsha

Catherine said...

Dear Janette, I am finding so much comfort in blogging too. It has made me feel like the world is opening its arms to me. I have met beautiful people like yourself, whom though we have not met fact to face I feel we are all friends. The nicest part is we are all here for each other and encourage each other. The Lord works in strange and beautiful ways that is no less than miracles. Blessings, Catherine xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails