Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Thursday, March 31, 2011

There are Days Life is the Title of a Book

There are just days that you can tell all that happens in life by quoting titles of books (read only the titles or this won't make sense). So I am going to express myself through some of the few titles that line our bookshelves.
This was the feeling after the spring breeze kept calling for me  to just stop and relax....which came after one of those days.
And these days just make me want to be 
All of which was just started by this
Leaving me feeling 
 .
Causing me to what to shout!!!!......
But these words come through strongly
As I allow God to continue to teach me that
Just a fun way to say that God is refining me through all the circumstances of life and preparing me for the His glory. Sometimes it is just fun to see it through silly eyes.  Do you have a title of a book that can tell your day, week, or life?

24 Joining in with more words:

Diana Ferguson said...

Probably! I think I just posted about it!

Vee said...

Not that I can think of, which is why I'm glad your brain bends that way. Cute post!

Unknown said...

I am sure I do around this library we call a house. lol
One of my favorite titles of a book I own is "Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy and Other Times I Let Him Sleep." Make me giggle whenever I see it on the shelf.
Great post-fun.
Hugs
Jill

Sue said...

Can"t think of one this morning Janette, but I think all of those that you name I qualify for. The one Kay Arthur is now on my list.
Cute post!
Hugs,
Sue

Debbie said...

I am sure if I gave it some thought I'd come up with one....haha This was cute. Have a GOOD day...HUGS

Theresa said...

I have some of those books (the kid ones)- love them! Really cute post and of course I especially love the refined as silver title :)

Shanda said...

Fun post! I have so many books I bought online because I loved the title but never got into what was inside!
My latest however, that represents me is, The Upside of Downsizing!
I think now I will go though my library. Fun idea!

PS...You have never mentioned your son going to Zambia. That is FUN! What a blessing for him :)

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit..boy, what a good list..have fun with the reading! ;D

Sharon said...

Been thinking about this for a couple of minutes. I was trying to think of something funny - but I'm just not awake enough yet.

What did come to my mind was War and Peace. And actually, that pretty much does sum up the life of a believer, don't you think?

Ups and downs. Joys and sorrows. Spiritual warfare and the unceasing peace of God.

no spring chicken said...

You're preaching to the choir sister!

Farm Girl said...

I think today my book would be runaway bunny. I would like to do that. I know what you mean about the breeze. It just makes me crazy. I love your post and all of the titles of the books, I will be looking for that one by Kay Aurthur.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I totally loved this...what a neat creative way of posting.

Cindy said...

This was a great post! lol

Gwen T said...

You're so creative, Janette! Possibly one of Curious George's books because my youngest two seem to be imitating his antics these days.... :)

Btw, are you going to the Homeschool Book Fair in Arlington May 6-7? We need to meet up at some point!!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

What a fun post!!

Today, 2 come quickly to mind..

DIETING FOR DUMMIES, especially since I've DONE the dieting so many many times already...

followed by

JESUS CALLING... which tells you the push and pull that is going on everyday!! :)

xo

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Do you have a spy camera in my home? You've just described my entire week! I love the way you used books - perfect!

Sandy said...

This was such a cute post. I feel
like I can identify with every
single one of these! At least the
hormone thing is over though--
thank the Lord. I can't think of
any other titles because you've
covered them all.
Thanks for a good giggle today!
Hugs,
Sandy

Debbie Petras said...

I love your sense of humor Janette! And by the way, I've read that Kay Arthur book too. I can relate to many of your book titles.

Love you,
Debbie

Rebecca said...

SO fun! I'll just see life through YOUR eyes today, Janette. After several preps for a couple of Bible studies and a mentoring session, I'm brain dead! (Wonder if there's a book with THAT title?)

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Great post. We have many of those books. You're so sweet I hate to mention what popped into my mind! "Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal" by Joel Salatin. Its about trying to operate a small family farm within the confines of too many rules n regulations. No I never did drugs and don't break the law in other areas of my life - just a raw milk renegade! ;-0
xoxo
Leslie

Lisa said...

This week was "Gone With the Wind"...it just flew by.:)
Great Post Janette!

Finding Joy said...

Can't think of one right now, but I have had a very good day. . . Beautiful weather, lovely day, happy husband, good kids. God is good and I am thankful and feel blessed.

myletterstoemily said...

how about "wuthering heights?" not really, but
that was the first book that flew into my head.
i'm totally with you on the hormone thing. good
grief!

this was a really clever post! keep your head up,
because we could be "the elephant man."

Debbie said...

How did I miss this post??? I is so much up my alley.

I guess this week would be titled Lazarus and the Big Black Thunk.

Or how about:

Reflections from the Fun House?

Related Posts with Thumbnails