Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blessings and Cursing Out of the Same Mouth

google image


Palm Sunday has always touched my heart.  The visual of praising Jesus as the King of Kings from our mouths and then to yell "crucify Him" from the same mouths less than one week later just puts me on my face before an awesome God.  Whenever I might lift my "spiritual pride" up before those around me, I am humbled by the  memory of the events that occurred on the week that led to the cross.  I am the same sinner that can cry out, "Praise be to the King of Kings" and quickly also stand with the taunt of "Crucify Him."

He paid the price on the cross for my sins.  My past, present and future sins....they were nailed to the cross on the same week that He was brought into the city with chants of  "Blessed is the King who comes in the Name of the Lord."

"And those who went before, and those who followed after, were crying out, "Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord; Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David; Hosanna in the highest!"
Mark 11;9-10


 And answering again, Pilate was saying to them, "Then what shall I do with Him whom you call the King of the Jews?"  And they shouted back, "Crucify Him!"  Mark 15:12-13


This week I focus on the unmerited gift that was given to me at the price of His blood on the cross and I lift up my voice with Hosanna!

46 Joining in with more words:

Pom Pom said...

Hi Janette!
I join you! Hosanna!

Debbie Petras said...

Yes, Palm Sunday is a wonderful day to remember all that Jesus went through. One day they were praising Him and the next week condemning Him. How sad!

On another note, I am going to meet Denise of Refine Me blog this afternoon. I'm very excited about this meeting! I think you follow her blog, don't you? I'll have to post all about it. I've not been able to blog much lately since I've been so busy with this move. I still have much to do to get settled.

Love you,
Debbie

Vee said...

Fickle...we're all so fickle. This is a week to praise Him for all that He is and how He loves us that much. I just found the replica of the spikes used that awful, blessed day. It was given to me at a seminar with the topic of "A Doctor Discusses the Crucifixion." I'm not sure how it'll be included in my decorating, but it will be present just to say I wish to remember that part of the story, too.

Anonymous said...

Janette,
I am overcome by His love and sacrifice. The Darling of heaven, crucified for me.
Beautiful post, thank you.

Sandy said...

To think that we have a Father who loves us so much that He had a perfect plan to redeem us from all our destruction, just blows me away! I never get used to that and pray I never will. Now, because of the blood of His Perfect Son, anyone can come freely and receive full pardon for all their sins! Amazing love, how can it be, that Thou my God would die for me?!
Love,
Sandy

Karen said...

Wow Janette! I saw the title of your post and was taken back to earlier this week when I did exactly that. Blessing and cursing out of the same mouth. I had been singing along with a worship CD while driving in my van, and then an aggressive driver did something to really upset me & I actually let a swear word come out of my mouth. I was immediately convicted. And, those very same words as the title of your post came to my mind!

Farm Girl said...

It has always struck me with sadness and rejoicing. Rejoicing because I look forward to the real day when He returns as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, but then the sadness that because of my sin, I was one of those crying out to crucify Him just hours after I waved palm branches. I always think of that as I make it through Holy Week, in my heart I feel I trudge up hill to Golgotha and then, I always rejoice that the tomb is empty and He is risen.
I am always thankful that it is finished and I am thankful for that gift.
Thanks for writing this, Janette,

Always Nesting said...

Thank you. Love the post.

Christine said...

It's a good time to pause and think about the Price.

susanwalkergirl said...

Amen Jeanette! Thank you for that reminder of the undeserved grace and mercy we have received.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Thank you for sharing, janette....I so enjoyed your post!

Debbie said...

I have found myself dwelling recently on that very fact. My sins called out "Crucify Him" along with all the others. It is so overwhelming. But of course what is even more overwhelming is knowing that His death and ressurection fully paid the price. All those sins that nailed Him there are gone forever. Praisae God He is risen!

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Amen!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, we had the most awesome Palm Sunday at our church today with a musical presentation. It sent my heart soaring as I thought of the cross and what HE did for me. It seemed to have affected me more deeply today than in a long time. I will ponder it all week long. Blessings to you this Easter week!

Marsha Young said...

Happy Easter week to you, too!

We are all so apt to become fickle, offering "blessings" one day and "cursings the next.

Thank God for his mercy and grace in teaching us to be more consistently obedient.

Petra said...

Convicting and encouraging! Convicting now, because i love Him and wish to be rid of this sinful body. Encouraging, because one day we will be whole and spotless without wrinkle. And to think, He picked us, loved us, saved us, in spite of our sins - our hideous sins!

A most blessed Holy Week and a most joyous Resurrection Sunday to you, my friend!

Tanna said...

unmerited, undeserved and so, so, so appreciated. amen and amen. blessings ~ tanna

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanette! I LOVE how you think! Metaphorically - me too! Your spin on the pink inside mug made me bristle a bit that I hadn't seen it first - it's your - and thank you. I was a bit distracted with my turbulence this past week. Still walking it all through emotionally. The pit was bad. The trial of being freed from the pit - worse. The scars from the whole process - needs healing. Light at the end of the tunnel, though. I pray your pit release is not so replete with potholes.

I'm planning on re-posting a couple of devotionals I posted last year this month on this subject as the Lord was beginning to warn me of what I would be enduring this year. He was NOT amiss in His warning - so glad I sort of knew what was happening - though the day to day playing out of it all was intimidating.

So distracting, in fact, that I almost forgot about my Blogversary give-away. And, YOU are one of my three winners!! I've chosen to break the give-away photos I posted into three gifts since I had so many names to pull from. I'm preparing a special gift for you - and based upon your orchid story - I think the Lord got it right, of course!

Bless you!
Joy!
Kathy
P.S. Send me your mailing address via email!!

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Thank you for the gentle reminder of just what we are capable of of--but God-----He is so merciful--after Peter denied him three times, He gave him the chance to tell Him he loved Him three times--wonder if there was any significance in that--somehow, I think nothing God does is without significance--

Sharon said...

Yes, blessings and cursing. I have always been kinda critical of Peter - willing to cut off a soldier's ear to save Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, and not too long after, completely denying he even knows Jesus. But really, my behavior is just as ugly sometimes.

I am so grateful for a Savior who does not hold these *cursings* against me. Who does not condemn me for *denying* Him.

Who died for me...

Yes, Janette, Hosanna indeed!!

GOD BLESS!

no spring chicken said...

Focusing on this without the truth of Christ's death and resurrection... what it means for me would be devastating. What a marvelous Savior is ours. He gives me hope.

Have awonderful week Janette!

Blessings, Debbie

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

What a lovely reminder. Wishing you and your family a joyful Easter dear friend!
xo
Leslie

myletterstoemily said...

palm sunday has always been my favorite!
i especially love that Jesus said, "if they
don't praise me then the rocks will do it
for them!"

ain't no rock gonna' steal my praise!

A multi-dimensional life said...

No words can describe the enormity of His Love...I don't think there is a word which fits ...even "Amazing" seems pale. And then He said "forgive them for they know not what they do". Could we; could I do that?! Only God could!
Hosanna and Amen! Bless you and your family with everlasting joy...always!

Debbie said...

I am just getting here. I have precious little time on the computer this week, and I'm glad that a few of my precious minutes were spent here. I am continually convicted by the exact same thoughts.

In the answer to the question: Were you there when they crucified my LORD? I have to answer yes. Thank God for his mercy and grace.

Brenda Lazzaro Yoder, said...

Janette,

We, too, had tornadoes in Indiana a few weeks ago. Destroyed a school, a whole school, of a former principal. As I heard the reports of your tornadoes, what struck me on the evening news was "miracles" of there being no death. Even in His fury, His grace shows. Thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

generic diazepam order xanax valium online - what is valium 5mg

Anonymous said...

what is zolpidem zolpidem buy - zolpidem tartrate 6.25 mg

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10 mg cheap diazepam to buy - diazepam drug

Anonymous said...

ambien online purchase ambien cr sleep walking - 80mg ambien

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam therapeutic uses diazepam - diazepam 5 mg snort

Anonymous said...

cheap lorazepam ativan xanax valium - can you buy ativan online

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam best online pharmacy diazepam - where to buy diazepam online

Anonymous said...

online xanax xanax online to australia - ways get high xanax

Anonymous said...

cheap lorazepam lorazepam 1 mg high - buy lorazepam india

Anonymous said...

lorazepam no prescription lorazepam 1mg vs clonazepam - buy ativan bangkok

Anonymous said...

zolpidem drug ambien cr pill identifier - buy ambien now

Anonymous said...

buy carisoprodol carisoprodol other names - soma drug vault

Anonymous said...

ambien zolpidem ambien qt prolongation - generic ambien medication

Anonymous said...

buy soma carisoprodol xanax interaction - somanabolic muscle maximizer cost

Anonymous said...

order carisoprodol carisoprodol 350mg tablets - where can you buy soma online

Anonymous said...

soma 350 mg carisoprodol wiki - medication named soma

Anonymous said...

buy valium diazepam valium green round - sheldon high valium

Anonymous said...

order soma online soma online consultation - carisoprodol mechanism

Anonymous said...

buy soma online soma drug reviews - soma online in texas

Anonymous said...

ambien cr price for generic ambien - cheapest generic ambien online

Related Posts with Thumbnails