Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tornadoes to Butterflies

yahoo, Texas Tornadoes 2012

Life is just a list of contrast and yesterday will go down in history for many of my neighbors.  As Benjamin and I were accomplishing our school lessons neighbors were running for cover.  Tornadoes hit our area.  When we finally heard they were coming toward us we went to hide in a half bath, while calmly reading books, we were in the safe zone.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tornadoes-tear-dallas/story?id=16063683#.T3ycx_BrO8A



All nine of our family members were all over the Metro-Plex and yet, none of us were affected by the tornadoes.

Today Benjamin and I rose to beautiful sun and a trip into Dallas to see butterflies.  As we drove I couldn't help but see the contrast of just a few hours.  Our trip would allow us to enjoy beautiful butterflies, while communities, within just miles from our field trip, debris was being cleaned up.  The calm weather came after the storm which sent trucks flying through the air just hours before.  It was easy not to realize what had happened just hours before in this city.  Even the smell of spring air didn't give a hit of what had occurred.



Life is such a contrast and at times your mind can't wrap itself around the feelings this contradiction evokes.  You are thankful, amazed, dazed, compassionate and sorrowful. You wonder why you didn't have to suffer the loss, while wondering what you can do for all those who did?  You also go on with life....a baseball games that was cancelled yesterday will now be played, while others start to put their lives back to a different "normal."  Wow! how just a couple of hours can change everything.

I bow my knees in prayer for all those affected by the April 3rd, 2012 Tornadoes in North Texas. Thanks to all of you who lifted us up in prayer.

28 Joining in with more words:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Pleased to hear you are ok. Must be a difficult time for many.

Maryann said...

Thought about you when I heard about the tornados. It's hard to understand why some are touched by disaster and some are spared...thankful you and yours are all okay

Elizabeth Dianne said...

You are so right. Life is a series of contrasts--

But so very thankful that all 9 of you were safe and not hurt--

My post yesterday was about death before life --speaking of contrasts--that is what this glorious holy week is all about and thank God Sunday did not disappoint!

the butterflies were beautiful--

Christine said...

As I sat in my safe little home, I watched the news (which is rare) with wide eyes and disbelief of the tornado's destruction.
And to see your unusual and beautiful butterfly s that live so close to the wreckage, is unbelievable.
The title of this post is a great way of describing Aug. 3rd.

Farm Girl said...

So glad you guys are all okay, when I first saw that top picture I was afraid it was your house. I am so glad you were all safe.
I bet driving like that you can see how life can change is a second.
I am glad you got to spend a nice day looking at butterfly's

Debbie said...

I thought about you when I heard about those tornados! Soo glad you are all OK. It's soo true. Just never know when it is our time. Why some are hit by death, illness, accidents or wild storms, and others are spared. Glad it's all in His hands, and His timetable. The butterflys are beautiful!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

It is hard to understand at times. Happy that you are all safe!

NanaNor's said...

So thankful you weren't affected by them; I know first hand how scary they can be!!!!! Have a blessed holy week and Happy Easter dear one.
Hugs, Noreen

Pom Pom said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you're okay. I WILL pray for those who suffer because of the damage done.

Vee said...

It was such a miracle that there was no loss of life. Much damage and people's lives are changed, but everyone's still together. Thank you, Lord! Lovely butterfly mosaic...

Patty Marker said...

I am so glad you were not affected and I will join you in lifting up those who were. This year has taught me to expect the unexpected and rejoice in the everyday. Patty

Sally said...

I have a niece working in a Dallas hospital. They moved patients away from windows but didn't have to evacuate. Amazed, and thankful, no lives were lost.

Canadagirl said...

Thank the Lord that you ALL are safe and sound!!! I never thought of you being near all that disaster. (((((((((HUGS))))))))) Praying you to continue to be safe from all that weather.

Blessings and ((HUGS))!
-Mary

Shanda said...

I'm glad you and your household are all ok. Horrible photos and devastation.
I have often wondered why some are destroyed and others left untouched. I remember during the war when I was in High School. Some of our neighbors and friends were tortured and even killed, yet we got out alive. Why my daughter was cured of cancer and why others die. And why some people's sons love the Lord and mine chose to walk away. I guess there are no answers for such things.

Petra said...

First, I thank God that you were all safe! Second, I agree with your thoughts and observations. So many questions flood my mind too. It's a sure reminder that we are not in control. God is! He is our safety and/or our comfort. Blessings and hugs!!

Sandy said...

So thankful to our Lord that you and yours remained in safety. Such a tragedy for those who were in the path of this destruction. They have my prayers.
Blessings~

Debbie Petras said...

You were on my heart and in my mind when I first heard the news of the tornados. So glad to know you are OK. But sad that many lost their homes. Life can change in an instant. Make the most of every opportunity is something to take from this.

Love you,
Debbie

no spring chicken said...

I didn't know. Glad you are safe and thankful to know this prayer need.

Blessings, Debbie

Anonymous said...

Such a frightening thing! So glad you were protected from the storm - but so sorry for those who did suffer loss and the new stress of rebuilding. I am in the middle of just such a tornado in my life - of a different sort. Knowing the Lord will be faithful no matter the winds of change . . .

Joy!
Kathy
P.S. Still need your address so I can mail your prize - email me at misskathypwp@gmail.com

Tanna said...

It was really amazing how there were no casualties of the human kind. Lots of property damage... Scary, big destruction... yet no loss of human life. Wow.

yes, the contrast from one moment to the next one block to the next... amazing. Glad you and yours weathered well. blessings ~ tanna

Marsha Young said...

Contrasts indeed - how to be sufficiently thankful, while remaining quietly productive, yet not forgetting those who have been sorrowfully impacted.

Glad you and your family are safe and will be able to have a blessed Easter.

Finding Joy said...

Glad to hear that you and your are safe. We heard about these tornados on the news here in Australia.

Rebecca said...

I can't imagine living that close to devastation...

How quickly life changes for many people. It makes me think of the book of James where it says something like "We should say 'If the Lord wills we will go here or there...'".

Praying for joy and peace as your family celebrates the Resurrection of our Living & Powerful Lord Jesus.

Debbie said...

I'm so glad you're safe! I've sort of been on a self- imposed technology break this week to focus on more "important" things.

I loved what Dianne said about Holy Week being a week of contrasts.

Crickit said...

I am so glad you are safe! I didn't realize you were close to Dallas.

The butterfly photos are beautiful!

A multi-dimensional life said...

Joining you in prayer for all those affected by the tornadoes! I'm also praising God that you and your family are all safe!

Blessings to you as we reflect on the resurrection and the contrast we witness from Friday to Sunday...He is risen! xoxo

Always Nesting said...

Yes, yes you are so blessed. I'm so sorry about the surrounding devastation but I'm so thankful you are fine.

Sharon said...

A wonder-full Easter Sunday blessing to you and yours!

May you experience the joy of the Truth this Resurrection Day – that we serve the Risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

Praise His name for His gift of salvation, and for the hope and promise of eternal life.

GOD BLESS!

(p.s. So glad to hear that you're all OK!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails