Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Sunday, May 29, 2011

Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis means "change of form."

Each was given a name...his siblings. The first product from my garden..eating my dill.
What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.  ~Richard Bach
Two stages at one time observed.,  pupa and caterpillar.
Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life.  And everyone deserves a little sunshine.  ~Jeffrey Glassberg




Benjamin and I have been enjoying the miracle of metamorphosis our creator created.
Yesterday Benjamin released two butterflies....we have five more caterpillars.
I believe God is always putting us each through some phase 
of metamorphosis.
Some stages are prettier than others...but at the end God has transformed us to fly for His glory.

26 Joining in with more words:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Janette, Very beautiful pictures and a good analogy. Wishing you and yours a blessed and safe weekend.

Vee said...

What a fun project to do together! Very instructive and it will be remembered.

Lorie said...

That is amazing. You do the most wonderful things with your kids.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

It's hard to beat these beautiful simple illustrations isn't it? I can't hear the caterpillar-butterfly story too many times! It's me too.

xo

Christine said...

I agree with Lorie. You are adventurous, nutritious, and so loving. We all learn something with your posts.

Canadagirl said...

I really, really liked this post. With all the changes (sometimes painful) there is something of worth in the end. Hallelujah, PTL.

Blessings and ((HUGS))!
-Mary

Anonymous said...

Those butterflies are beautiful! Benjamin will not forget this.

Angie

Theresa said...

My kids were collecting caterpillars today. My son said he wanted to take them home because he wanted butterflies. My husband told them these ones turn into moths!

Farming On Faith said...

Hello Janette~
I loved this,
Hope you have a Happy Memorial Day!

Unknown said...

So neat-I want to do this with the kids too. I love butterflies-they are one of my most favorite things-they always serve to remind me of how we are in Christ-just love it! Great photos. Such a fun project to do with Ben too-bet he loved it.
Thanks again for your prayers. Waiting for the change-to see what God is doing-to emerge the beautiful butterfly is sometimes the hardest task for me (waiting-be patient, letting go and letting God!
Hugs-Happy Memorial Day.
Love
Jill

Sue said...

You and Benjamin have so much fun,will you adopt me? I want to come and live at your house.
Hugs,
Sue

Sarah Jane said...

LOVE this post... and Ben's butterflies are BEAUTIFUL!!! I went out to find some with the kids I babysit for, but there were none. =(

Mary said...

the metamorphosis of the butterfly is such a wonderful analogy of the life of a child of God.

i bet it is wonderful watching a butterfly emerge from it cocoon.

xxoo

Diana Ferguson said...

Awesome!!! Beautiful weekend, huh!!

Maryann said...

I don't want to stay a caterpillar crawing around, I want to be that butterfly...keep changing me Lord!
Loved this post.
Blessings to you and your family

Sharon said...

I loved this beautifully simple portrait of *change* -

I know it's rather cliche - but yes, I've always liked the story of caterpillars turning into butterflies as an analogy for the transformation that takes place in our hearts when God works.

I think it's time that we ALL come out of our cocoons and fly for His glory (I loved that, Janette!)

What are the names of the caterpillars/butterflies???

GOD BLESS!

Beth Herring said...

so cool - you are such a great mom!

Rebecca said...

Such HUGE lessons from such small creatures! Makes me think of the verse containing the words "beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness..." Isaiah 61:3

no spring chicken said...

It's so exciting that Benjamin finally has siblings at home with him. Congratulations!

I loved the quote about the end of the world. We were at a family conference over memorial day weekend. There was some wonderful teaching about the coming kingdom and our glorious eternity! The butterfly is a beautiful analogy.

Blessings, Debbie

Bethany said...

Love your pictures! I received the Good Blogger award and would love to pass it on to you! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Janette,

Sounds like a fun project. I tried this once when I was young, but I got impatient. I kept shaking the poor caterpillar in the jar while it was in it's cocoon. My mom kept telling me, "Don't shake the jar," but of course, I didn't listen. The poor thing never made it through his metamorphosis. Sigh!

At any rate, yes, Our Lord does have us go through some metamorphic times, doesn't He? Like you said, it's not always pretty, but hopefully, with faith, we will turn into "beautiful butterflies" for Christ (unless, we get impatient, and "shake the jar"). Let's hope that we never "shake the jar!" :)

Blessings,

-L. Rose

Jessica Heights said...

That mus be so amazing to witness!

Lisa said...

I know Ben is enjoying this! Such a fun activity for the two of you!
PS I hope you had a good weekend.:)

Patty Marker said...

Beautiful post. What a clever God we have. Only He could have thought of such a metamorphis!

Debbie said...

I've been away for a few days. So glad I didn't miss this. I feel very, very much like a caterpillar with bunions these days. I need some morphing.

Great pictures for a great project!

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

I love your photos. What a great spring time project with children and adults. The analogy to life is so true. Something beautiful can come from great struggle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails