Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Love Mud!

Since the time Benjamin was able to walk and talk he declared to us, "I Love Mud!"  Each time it would rain his response was, "Yea! there will be mud!"  When the "mud" dried up he would say, "it is frozen mud."  Joy just feels his heart at the sight of mud and endless hours of play have been spent playing with God's creation...mud.

So the other day it wasn't surprising that for the fourth spring in a roll Benjamin had found mud.  He went to work on his mud pies, as well as covering himself in this "spa" desired bath.  After the play was over, he was disrobed, to be swiftly carried to an awaiting bath tub.

I stepped just outside the view of his eyes to listen to my son at play.  He began washing his play day off, the mud washing into the water by soap.  "Sin" was being washed by the "Holy Spirit" as my son began to innocently sing in the process.
Only Jesus, Only Jesus 
can save a wayward soul
Only Jesus, Only Jesus
can make a sinner whole.
His young mind hadn't intended the analogy I was hearing in my spirit.  Only Jesus can wash away our sins (dirt) as the Holy Spirit washes us (water) with conviction. Only Jesus forgives and washed our sins down the drain, never to be seen again.  Only Jesus makes us white as snow...we are forgiven.

Only Jesus - National Day of Prayer

The dirt was all washed off and my baby boy stepped out of the dirt-stain tub with a sweet smelling body.

Now we don't know where he got his love for mud....but my guess is, that his other siblings have also shown the same admiration for mud!  Don't tell...he might shoot me!
Our oldest....now 27 and this was years before Benjamin was born.

28 Joining in with more words:

Mary said...

Hi Janette, such wonderful expressions, both in the mud and the cleaning...

I remember playing in the mud, I loved making mud pies. I also remember at times adding an egg...I was baking...

xxxooo

Debbie said...

This was soo cute Janette. And such darling pics of that little guy. Love the expression on his face. And how sweet that he just started singing what was on his little mind. I love it! Have a good day...HUGS

Cindy said...

so funny! My girls weren't as into mud but my son sure was.

Crickit said...

Such a cute post! Mud pies and kids just go hand in hand! :)

Vee said...

I was thinking that you loved mud and that it was a really good thing given you have all these great sons. ☺ All boys everywhere love mud. I'm convinced of it.

Canadagirl said...

Hello friend...I'm back. [o=

I love how your ds seems to keep you young, what a gift that is. I really like your analogy and what a perfect word picture indeed. As I scrolled down your blog I saw at the end your word of encouragement and description of of your blog design. I feel very encouraged because it is the same lesson I blogged about yesterday. As for your story of hoping to own a house again one day I will pray that blessing will happen indeed. That reminds me I have to blog about " The House That God Built" real soon. I have missed you tons and hope to see you around.

Blessings and ((HUGS))!
In Him<><
-Mary

no spring chicken said...

Ha ha! I love it. I love your boys... When Erin was little I journaled something she said, "black rain clouds look like sin. Then it rains and they are clean again." It definitely opened up a teachable moment! I love that Jesus loves children and innocent faith. It's precious.

Blessings, Debbie

Shanda said...

Oh the joy and memories this brings back. I always loved mud as did my kids and I found it sad that some kids were not allowed to enjoy that simple pleasure.

Trisha said...

And you're a great Mom for letting Benjamin enjoy that mud! What a sweet blessing, too, to hear him singing!

Farm Girl said...

Yeah, mine still like mud.!!!

Karen said...

So precious, mud & all! I have sooo much to catch up on with my reading your posts! Some ladies in our Sunday School class Sunday were talking about kids getting dirty. LET THEM! They need to play OUTSIDE!! I've been missing stopping by.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I think Benjamin is helping me re-live my own kids and the mud. I still love that you have grown kids, and now Benjamin.

By the time we had our third, I was so relaxed, and we enjoyed his antics so much. That's what I'm doing with yours!

Love the analogy too, just like a child to say it simple and get it right!

xo

Maryann said...

Your little guy looks like he is having so much fun. Boys and mud, they just seem to go together.

Christine said...

Precious moments that you saved!
I giggle just looking at the pictures.
And you words of love just melt my heart.

A multi-dimensional life said...

Precious innocence! I love the analogy...Yes only Jesus can wash our sins away! Thankful for the National Day of Prayer! Thankful every day!

Deborah Ann said...

Love me a mud pie! Hey, your blog is looking totally cool! Love the new look and the font. You rock!

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Kids and mud and bugs. What a wonderful combination. Brought back lots of memories....love the pictures as well as the story!

Sandy said...

What is it about little kids,
especially boys, and mud?! Both
of mine just loved playing in
it too. You are so fortunate to
have little Benjamin at this
time in your life. Wish I still
had one that small.
Hope you have a Happy Mother's
Day, Janette!
Love,
Sandy

Finding Joy said...

I hated mud as a girl (I was too girly) so it took me a little while to get use to my 2 boys playing in the mud and getting really dirty.

Debbie said...

Oh, I LOVE this one, Janette. I can't believe that the sweet little thing was singing the perfect song. That really was what we call a "God Thing" here at my house.

I do believe you have a little prophet in your house.

I have exactly one picture of my girls covered in mud. They were visiting friends, and the mom (a friend) took it just to see the expression on my face when I saw it.

They had cleaned up before I got there. LOL

That's why God didn't give me boys. Boys just plain love the mud.

Tanna said...

Precious. =)

myletterstoemily said...

i love that our oldest are both boys, the same
age, and mud dobbers!

i wish i could have heard that sweet little song.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, what memories this brought up for me. Our son was a "mud lover" too and spent so many happy hours in it. :o) Great post and a blessed Mother's Day to you my friend!

laughwithusblog said...

lol I loved this. My girls love the mud...who knew! :)

Pen Wilcock said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QW85kfakJc

xxx ember

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Ember that video is just precious...I am laughing and laughing...now to share with my son! Thanks so much!
Glorious Mud!

Kristin said...

Love this!! By the way, I met your daughter and ran into Benjamin tonight at the student service! =)

Sarah Jane said...

Love it!!! And he made mud balls at our house... that boy finds it anywhere... as does his big brother, who loves tracking it through the house as well. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails