Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Monday, April 26, 2010

Time to Re-Energzie - Day One



This week I will be blogging on my quest to re-energize.  The ideas I will share are what works for me and not for everyone,  returning to ideas which have worked through 27 years of parenting and 30 years of marriage.  You won't find shopping trips or spa visits on my list...sorry, my first massage was at age 40 after 18 years of parenting five children and shopping is a chore to me.  What you will find is that in re-energizing, I meet my Creator, while gaining strength and restoring joy for the journey.




Joyce Meyers has released a new book  called, "Eat the Cookies and Buy the Shoes". I haven't read the book yet, but I have heard her explain the thoughts behind it. She expressed that there are times when we need to re-energize. Life can zap our energy, either through positive stress: (weddings, birth, graduations, birthdays and visitors), or negative stress: (unemployment, marriage strife, children's rebellion, sickness and disappointments). Any of these can leave us depleted.   We need to take time to just stop, celebrate and re-energize.




 1)  Time with the Lord and Exercising


Today began with putting on my walking shoes and plugging in my Mp3 player.  I needed the endorphins that exercise gives, not to mention the health benefits...I needed to clear my brain.  As I walked through the wooded path with warm sunlight shining on my face, I heard my Saviour speak through a message on my Mp3 player.  John Piper had delivered a message on "suffering" to our church, due to our pastor's battle with a cancerous brain tumor. http://fm.thevillagechurch.net/blog/pastors/               The context of the sermon:



“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the
glory that is to be revealed to us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the
revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but
because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its
bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For
we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth
until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the
Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our
bodies. For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who
hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with
patience.”

Romans 8:18-25




Although my journey at this point isn't threatening my life, it is threatening my joy.  As I heard the message and entered into the teaching, I was able to lay things down at my Saviour's feet.














My spirit was lifted as I was washed with the Word of the Lord, while enjoying the benefits of exercise and drinking in nature around me. The breeze upon my back, the smells of spring, the quiet of nature and the pumping of my heart released feelings of conquering the world.






Stepping back into the house with my younger two boys was inviting, as we all laughed at our cat's new-found resting place.  The day had started out right.




Quiet time with the Lord, Exercise and a Smile....the beginning of re-energizing.






My energized day finished with Casting Crowns playing on the radio..."The Voice of Truth".

6 Joining in with more words:

alicia said...

Good luck on this new venture...

The pictures bring a feeling of peace. I think you're off to a good start.

Cindy said...

I look forward to following your journey!

Vintage Whimsy Studio said...

Hi Janette - I stopped back to find your wardrobe post and now I see you are on this wonderful new journey! What an inspiration you are ;o) I will send you a link to the post when I get it up on the Ruby blog and also link back here to you. Then, perhaps you would be willing to post the link on Facebook and Twitter and even here on your blog. I love your enthusiastic approach to life, and that is exactly what we are looking for in our guest authors. Perhaps you would be willing to submit an article for an upcoming issue of the Ruby for Women magazine? Think about it and let me know! Thanks so much, Nina @ Ruby for Women
www.rubyforwomen.com

Michelle said...

I feel great when I exercise. I never want to but I'm always glad I did.

You are so beautiful, by the way. Not a stalker, not a stalker.

Debi said...

Words of wisdom indeed and so well put!
This is so funny, I just did a post on "walking it out" to relieve stresses (my stresses) Ha! Great minds think alike, hugh?
I'll be following your journey. Bless you!!

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Thanks, I needed that! Am trying to re-energize my life too. Will keep your ideas to use.
Blessings and hugs to you and your wonderful family!
Leslie

Related Posts with Thumbnails