Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Friday, June 8, 2012

Sun-shining Inspirational Summer

A great painting, or symphony, or play, doesn't diminish us, but enlarges us, and we, too, want to make our own cry of affirmation to the power of creation behind the universe.  This surge of creativity has nothing to do with competition, or degree of talent.  Madeleine L'Engle - A Circle of Quiet


Last summer was interrupted with  a move...not this summer...well I hope NOT!  So as school has came to a close I look forward to the schedule-less season of summer.  As I pondered on what this season would hold I read the above book and this quote jumped from the pages.  That was it...this was to be a summer of inspiration and fun..a time to just enjoy!


Debbie of Wagon of Words called it her Sand Pail List...a season to enjoy life from a different angle. Here is my Inspiration list!


  • Free Concerts in the Park - every Tuesday night there will be free concerts with varying genres 
  • Trips to the Museums....the Kimbell is hosting an exhibit of the Impressionist  Dallas and Fort Worth are loaded with varies museums to ignite many interest
  • An one-line art classes - Art de Jour@Martha Lever - Ben has already gotten started outside with his easel        
  • Time with nature - our garden and as many visits as possible to the Parks, probably camping
  • Reading - I am challenging myself to read new authors and explore new genres - Benjamin is signed up at the library for the reading program

  • Being creative - the sewing room has already been occupied.  Benjamin drew up his design for a pillow case and then with help from Mom, sewed the "best pillowcase ever" in his words
  • Hold your ears...I might even set down at the piano and see if I can remember my lessons from way too may decades ago
More bags...both gifts to deserving women.

TAKING THE TIME TO BE ENLARGED....AS I CRY OUT AFFIRMATION TO MY CREATOR...sounds like a good goal for summer.

I am looking forward to this season with my youngest two boys....may it hold memories that will last a life time...and may I see the refreshing of my own soul.  I will probably find myself camping under the stars with them both...as one hikes up Enchanted Rock.


28 Joining in with more words:

Debbie said...

Fabulous!! You said you were working on this earlier, and I like your final choices.

I'm still auditioning additions for mine. I like your nature one. I had considered museums, but we saw our share on vacation in DC.

I can't decide whether I want to read a classic or two that I have never read, or find an author whom I've never read.

I hope this doesn't scare you: It's amazing how often we are in two different time zones thinking the same thing! Seriously!

I take it as encouragement since I like the way you think.

Debbie said...

Good morning! Love this....made me think about how I used to long for summer and weeks and weeks of NOTHING that had to be done stretching ahead. I had my "sand bucket" list that I would dwell on and change and rearrange etc. Yours sounds wonderful...we always worked the library programs, had cooking lessons (my kids loved those) swim lessons, beach days, (LOTS of those) movies at the park (how I loved those)trips to the mountains...I could go on and on. Miss those days now for sure. ENJOY every minute of yours. Love the pics of Benjamin sewing...such a cutie! Have a good week-end! HUGS

Cindy said...

Sounds like an excellent plan for a great summer ahead. I still have a piece of fabric with some cross stitch on it that my son did years ago when he begged to learn how to do it.

Farm Girl said...

It sounds wonderful. My husband said just this morning, " We need fun things to do on the summer list."

I love the quote too. It just sounds like a great summer.

Just and aside, Not a single email from the time you said you would pray, not yesterday and so far none today. :) God is great! So thank you so much for praying for me. I am in awe.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

What a great summer plan! Not rigid, but doing what will be fun, and still learning and creating as you go. I love it!!

May it be your BEST summer ever!

sunshine said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer to me, art, reading, sewing and camping under the stars, have a great time!

Angela said...

Sounds fun to me -- enjoy it! I need to make a list so that the summer doesn't get frittered away.

Shelley said...

Great list ...LOVE the bags ... where did you get the pattern for the bags ... I am making some for the ladies who attend the soup kitchen.

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vee said...

Sounds as if it is going to be a summer to "stretch" and that will make for some excitement to be sure! So glad that we'll get to read all about it.

Pom Pom said...

Great ideas, Janette! My fingers get restless when I haven't done any creating for a while. Your bags are wonderful and so filled with kindness, too!
Today I was with two of my grands and we were pretending that I was Miss Lily and they were Angelina Ballerina and Alice. We made up a program for a Butterfly Show and we ALL had fun, me especially with my Miss Lily accent! I have a lot of books about creating and I need to revisit them this summer!
I am looking forward to hearing about your creative daily doings!

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I well remember the joy of summers and being able to do fun things whenever we wanted. I loved seeing your boy sewing-how cool is that. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Noreen

Christine said...

You inspire with your Summer List.
I need to get my pencil and paper out.

Sue Anne McKinney said...

ok, now the wedding is over , I'm ready to start thinking about some other things that are fun to do!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Fabulous list of things to do. We're in the process of doing that too....love summer's laid backness and the freebies - concerts, festivals...hikes. Mostly Janette...love your being enlarged by God...me too. I want that too. And I want my girls to see Him for real not just hear about Him....Wishing you an awesome weekend.

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Ooooh, I would LOVE to get to the Kimbell for the impressionists exhibit. Probably not going to make it to Texas this summer, though, since my parents were just here, and my sister is coming in a couple of weeks. Did you hear that? MY SISTER IS COMING! I can hardly wait! :-)

We're going to take little trip north for a few days. I also hope to get in some relaxing reading. Like Debbie I'm trying to choose between a never-read-by-me classic or a new author. LOTS of projects on the old house maintenance list, but checking them off the list would actually ease my mind and make it a nice summer project. ...It's June. I'd better make my list and get started!

Tanna said...

Sounds like a glorious summer of affirming God's magesty and renewing your own sense of wonder and creativity!! Love it! You go, girl! blessings ~ tanna

Debbie Petras said...

May you have a wonderful fun filled summer. I love the sand bucket list concept. Enjoy these moments with your loved ones. I had a wonderful time for a few days this week in California with my dad's only sister. I got to meet my cousin's children too.

blessings and love,
Debbie

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I love it, a Sand Pail List. How cute! And, love your list too.

The bags are just too cute! You are so talented! You need an Etsy shop. :o) LIke you need one more thing to juggle. Right?

Happy weekend!

Sally said...

This looks like a great list. I haven't thought of my summer in a list but your words for a different point of view makes me think it would be a good idea. Will let you know what I come up with.

Rebecca said...

What a wonderful goal - TAKING THE TIME TO BE ENLARGED....crying out AFFIRMATION TO MY CREATOR... It sounds like a wonderful summer shaping up for you, Janette!

I'm going to follow your lead and jot down a few additional dreams and plans in addition to some already in the works....

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome ideas plan.. I can't decide what I want to do - maybe because it's so hot here so being out during the day in not going to happen - but I know for sure I will keep up my early walks they are wonderful..
thamks for sharing -- I have a friend with 4 boys and one girl and they needs kinds of ideas - I'll pass it on..
hugs

Sue said...

What can I say Janette but this ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!! this special time of making memories with those two special sons of yours. These memories will go with them all through their life, and will bring much joy and pleasure to you as you remember too! i know.... the voice of experience speaking.
I love the schedule you have got ready, the concerts and camping are especially tops on my list!
Benjamin's pillow case is absolutely beautiful! Love the colors.
Thanks for always inspiring me, I think of you all so much even though I am absent a lot from blogging.
Hugs,
Sue

Maryann said...

Love the idea of a sand pail list for summer, enjoy those unstructured days that only this time of year can bring. You will be making memories that both you and your sons will treasure forever.
(I see my son doing the same type of things with his children during the summer that we did with him when he was a child...it warms the heart) Have fun!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Sounds like a perfect summer Janette! We have free concerts in our city also on Sunday evenings. Last year my hubby and I enjoyed many, but especially enjoyed the "look alike and sound alike BEATLES band." That dates me I know.

Your bags are beautiful that you've sewn.

♥Lee Ann

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

All sound like wonderful summer endeavors. Being outdoors more, is one my goals as well. And, to do more creative things. Thanks for the encouragement and the nudge, Janette.

Anonymous said...

Splendid list! I liked Debbie's sand pail list, too - and what she does with those cheap sand pails, at that! Many of the same things on my list for this summer - and lost of homeschool adventures with other people's kids this time. So grand to be back in the place of my passion and wholly in the Lord - rest, renewal, and adventures all in one! Immersing myself in prepping my fall unit studies so I'll be splitting my time between the middle ages and Little House prairie life. New collage art projects, too - something therapeutic in cutting little things with small scissors - then pouring out the mod podge!!

And - picking up my posting - been too remiss the past few weeks and have missed it - and all my dear ones in Blogland - that would be you, friend . . .
Joy!
Kathy

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Awesome!!! ALL of it! Jack is about to start sewing (poor dear I'm not a great one to direct him at it) a pillow case also! His fabric is old cow pattern cloth I'd used a table topper for a previous Bday backed by a red, white n black cowboy remnant I found on sale. he will LOVE seeing Benjamin sewing in a cammo tee! ;-)
Thanks for sharing and inspiring ALL members of my family!
xoxo
Leslie

Related Posts with Thumbnails