Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Sunday, December 30, 2012

Year End Singing

google image

Early in December I was out exercising in our warm weather.  As I pounded the pavement I was singing along with Pandora.  This song was new to me...it touched my heart.  I wondered why I was so impacted by the words as I felt the Lord speaking them over me.  December has brought many sobering events to our nation and even my past history.  Each reminder has brought the soberness of the past year.  January started with funerals of love ones and December ended with more losses.  As I rejoiced and mourned this season I was made aware, as I was in January, of the hurt so many people are walking through.   We enter 2013 uncertain how the economy will affect many of us....but this I know He holds us in His hands.

I sing this over us all as we enter the New Year with the expectations of watching our Mighty God catch us as we jump with totally abandonment into His arms...He Won't Let Go!!!




"I Won't Let Go"

It's like a storm
That cuts a path
It breaks your will
It feels like that

You think you're lost
But you're not lost on your own
you're not alone

I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
If you can't cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let go


It hurts my heart
To see you cry
I know it's dark
This part of life
Oh it finds us all
And we're too small
To stop the rain
Oh but when it rains

I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
And you can't cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight


And I won't let you fall
Don't be afraid to fall
I'm right here to catch you
I won't let you down
It won't get you down
you're gonna make it
Yeah I know you can make it

Cause I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
And you can't cope
And I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let go
Oh I'm gonna hold you
And I won't let go
Won't let you go
No I won't







13 Joining in with more words:

Vee said...

That was wonderful...have never heard the song before now. It's perfect as one heads into the new year. He's got us covered. He truly does.

Sue said...

I am so thankful that His arms are always there ,extended for me to fall into them. A beautiful song you have shared full of His love, and promises!
Happy new year,
Hugs,
Sue

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I am feeling overwhelmed tonight and these words are perfect for me. Thank you.

Fondly,
Glenda

Sandy said...

I've never heard the song but the lyrics are great. The Lord won't let go of us even when we let go of Him. Thank God.
Isn't Pandora just the best? I especially like to crack it up and do housework. Goes by quicker and that's my plan for today as I take down the tree and decorations.

Tanna said...

thankful. thankful. thankful. that He won't let go. Sweet praises to the Lord!! Happy New Year, Janette! blessings ~ tanna

podso said...

Thanks for sharing that song. It's a good one to focus on as the new year comes .. feeling maybe more uncertain about the future than ever before. It's good to know Who is in charge!

Love your painting of the wine glasses! How sweet! Have a happy New Year!

Farm Girl said...

Just lovely and what a wonderful reminder to start the New Year.

Anonymous said...

I know for us it's been HARD we lost everything in 2010 cause of the economy -- lived in another country for awhile in hopes that job would lead to better things - it did not -- and coming back to the US our car stolen with everything we own too.. starting over -- so I know some what you are facing and in my mind I do wonder even now what will 2013 bring ....but this I know too my Heavenly Father is near and is our guild...
So I hope for both of us and all for a most wonderful New Year EVER that our prayers and hopes are answered...and we keep trusting in the Lord..
Hugs..

Debbie said...

Oh I loved this! Praise God He ALWAYS has us covered, no matter which way we've turned. Wishing you and your sweet family a multitude of blessings in 2013! HUGS

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Janette, this seems to be a recurring theme on this first day of 2013. And it is a good one to remember as we face our uncertainties. A quote came to me as well, "Thus far the Lord has helped us." And He has, over and over. And, He will continue to do so. Happy New Year, Janette.

Canadagirl said...

What a perfect song to cling on to! I am thankful that we have such a all powerful and loving God that won't let us go and will catch us, PTL. You are such a blessing my SSiC and I count my blessings off friendship we have via blogland.

Blessings and ((HUGS))
In Him<><
-Mary

Angel said...

Wow! Love that song!

Debbie said...

I don't know if you'll ever see this, but I just clicked this song. I had either missed it before or I'm so ADD I left without clicking. Either way, I needed it THIS morning.

I love it.
THANKS.

Related Posts with Thumbnails