Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Friday, December 28, 2012

Ending the Year with Creative Juices

I just grabbed the fleeting chance I had to enjoy the holidays with my little one.  I know from past experience....yes, five times now...that before I blink, they won't be interested in sitting at the kitchen table and creating Christmas goodies.  Even my daughter hasn't once slowed down since her pre-teen years to create Christmas gifts and goodies.  Benjamin is still at that age and his excitement lit my creative juices.  He had just a few dollars of allowance to make gifts for his siblings.  He met me at the table to create snowmen... ....days before our snow. In fact, it was 78 degrees outside the day we painted.  I enjoyed his creations so much that I joined in the fun to make some for his teachers.  These won't melt...unlike our two days of Texas snow.

Ben painted a beard on one of his brother's candles....his brother's wife got tickled at that addition.  I enjoyed the larger glasses for the teacher's candle holders.  This was so much fun and now I will figure out how else I can paint glasses...even turning them upside down.  Thanks, Pinterest, for the inspiration!

It was funny placing my snowmen in the oven to bake....they didn't melt.


I enjoyed gathering some kitchen towels and trying my hand at tracing onto the cloth.  The graphics can be found on Graphics Fairy...it was so much fun. I hope the people I give them to will enjoy using them.  Even pretty kitchen towels can make a boring job fun.





Enjoy your last days of this year....................see you in 2013!!!!!!!!!!

14 Joining in with more words:

Sue said...

Benjamin is not only handsome with that beautiful smile, but he is talented too! You are so right, when we blink they are soon gone. Just as Mary chose to do the right thing by taking the time to sit at Jesus' feet, you have chosen to sit and enjoy your youngest!!
The snowmen are beautiful!!
Happy New Year!!'Hugs,
Sue

Patty Marker said...

What a great idea and they turned out great. Love crafting with kids. Happy New Year to you, too.

Debbie said...

The snowmen are just adorable! What a good idea. Yes, time marches by soo fast...enjoy every little moment while you can! HUGS

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Super cute!

Sandy said...

I love these!! You and Benjamin did a fantastic job! And the grain sacks are so pretty too! I am always missing those days when my boys were young. Seth and I used to do so many fun art and craft projects together. Every now and then we still sit down and bead together and I love it!
Hugs~

Maryann said...

The snowmen are absolutely adorable, glad you are taking time to enjoy your little guy, your right time flies by so quickly

Farm Girl said...

What cute ideas and what fun. I know you are enjoying this time of year so much with Benjamin around. I love those snowmen and your towels are just wonderful.
Have a lovely weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Janette! Blessings to you as I get myself back into the blogosphere after a few weeks absence. The first two weeks of December had me in the bustle preparing for our gala night with the kids which just happened to be the same day as the tragic scene in Conn. We all had a pit in our stomachs throughout the day as we worked with our kids - so thankful that we had them close to us and safe. After that - much to do on the homefront, but I couldn't stir myself up that next week to post anything. Then - too much happening Christmas week. Finally back and so blessed with all the biz folks are up to. Your snowman candleholders are amazing!! Pinterest is great - but I haven't spent any luxury time there for months! Now - are they special wine glasses? You put them in the oven? How high the heat? Was it special paint? We had the leanest Christmas ever and I expect more of the same in 2013 - but what praise reports as the Lord has overwhelmed us with His unique ways of providing! Hopefully stories on that to come - and on that little antique volume - I think I may move into a bit more of my devotional writing this year. As the Lord leads . . .

Blessings to you and yours this new year, dear lady!
Joy!
Kathy

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I love these glasses!!! Going to show my girls and try to make them....did you really put them in the oven????? You are so creative. Happy New Year...wishing you and your family the very best in 2013.

Always Nesting said...

Oh my gosh those glasses are so stinkin cute!!!

Crickit said...

I love the snowmen candle holders and the towels! They are all so beautiful. How fun to spend some time with your little guy. Looks like he enjoyed the special time with you also! Happy New Year! :)

Christine said...

I had a good chuckle. Those snowmen are darling and perfect for gifts.
I'm sure they put a smile on everyone's face.

Been thinking about you! Hoping the New Year goes smoothly for everyone.

Finding Joy said...

Really cool idea:)

myletterstoemily said...

this is such a cute project! i bet benjamin
loved it. what a wonderful idea to use the
graphic fairies 'stencil' for kitchen towels.
the ladies in your family are very lucky.

Related Posts with Thumbnails