Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Monday, December 24, 2012

Unentangled from the Trappings


Our pastor has continued to pray we wouldn't be entangled by the trappings of this Christmas season.  If there ever was a Christmas season I wasn't entangled, it was this Christmas season of 2013.  I never remember not knowing the reason for the season, nor do I ever remember the world's version taking over my entire heart, yet this Christmas is imprinted on my heart forever.  My pray for you this year is that as you read what God imprinted on my heart you will not take your wrappings on the floor for granted.  You will step back and breath in All the Lord provided for us through His birth and resurrection.  Don't be rushed to clean up the Christmas mess....be glad you can enjoy the Christmas mess with Loved ones.  Be glad you can bow your head and pray for all those who had substantial losses this year...and for our nation as we all heal from the latest tragedy.

Financial lack this year reminded me that my Savior wasn't born into earthly wealth.
His parents relied totally on God for their provision...as I did also.
God provided for gifts for my family, none of them came from our own efforts.

Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, Phil 2:7

The shooting of precious children sent me to my knees for over a week, and I will continue to stay there.
Tears have flown over and over again...Benjamin reminds me through his presence of those who
are now dancing in heaven.
This reminded me also that my Savoir was born into a very violent culture.
He came to save us....our world still needs this child.

 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

My child's singing this year...even singing himself to sleep praising God, reminded me 
that I too, have to be like a child in my faith.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."  Matt 9:14

My husband's love for me reminded me that God's love is unconditional.

 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.  John 4:10

As we celebrated with our growing family I cherished the possibilities of our future.
A grandchild waiting for final adoption, marriages and even old age....our future is in
His hands.

 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven,  Matt 18:3


My final stuffing for my stocking.  God is Good.  God is Good All the Time and worthy to be Praised.


Merry Christmas to my blogging friends.  Thanks for letting me be silent as I continue to pray for our country's latest losses and for eyes to be open to the need for our Savior. 



25 Joining in with more words:

Kathleen said...

Some years ago, Terry & I began scaling back on all things clamorous in the way of Christmas doings & havings. What has morphed is sooooo dear to the both of us; and it sounds like you've found it too. Faith, family, friends, fellowship.

I'm still a fan of all things twinkly. Not sure I've give that up. But give me a silent night, a holy night any day.

Now that's Christmas!

A blessed & merry Christmas to you, my friend.

Kathleen

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

A beautiful Christmas to you and your wonderful family! You have discovered so many important things during this time Janette, and your list of 'thankfuls' is close to the heart, yours, mine and especially God's. What great reminders of what is really important. L

Love you my friend and Merry Christmas!

Sonja

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Beautiful words for this Christmas Eve morning.

Fondly,
Glenda

Angela said...

It looks like this weekend went well for you. I love you much and pray that this new year will bring with it many more blessings to your house.

Debbie said...

Well it certainly sounds and looks (great pictures!) like you had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed special times with your family and loved ones. Just doesn't get any better.

Most of our plans have gone askew this year. Melody and Sam both became quite sick and they didn't come. God willing they will be here next week instead. We were of course figuring all the boys would come as planned but now my youngest son's family has the stomach flu and won't be coming either...so little of what we think we control, we don't. Good thing God is on His throne and we can trust in His promises. All things work together for good to those who love God. Merry Christmas to you Jsnette! How you bless me! HUGS

Crickit said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Thank you for the reminders of what Christmas really is about. I really love Benjamin's artwork! :)

Vickie said...

Benjamin's art says it all! Janette - and to you - I return the Merry Christmas and may the Lord continue to rain His blessings down upon your family and mine as we remember the reason why we celebrate! Wonderful picture mosaic and word lessons for us all, friend!

podso said...

thank you for such a wonderful post this morning, filled with your heart and soul. Have a wonderful Christmas together!

Pom Pom said...

Merry Christmas to you, dear Janette!
Your words are so true, so encouraging!
Praise be to the King!

Farm Girl said...

I wish you blessing of love and family this year. No matter what, without all of the trappings we can focus on Jesus and His gift. Have a lovely time with your family.

Lisa said...

Such a beautiful post, Janette! May the light of His love flood countless hearts this Christmas season. Have the happiest of holidays , Sweet Friend.:)

Vee said...

Merry Christmas, Janette. You have every reason to rejoice even in the midst of the sorrow you're feeling acutely. What a beautiful family you have! I loved seeing each of those precious faces.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

As always, your words bring such a blessing to me. What a gift you have been given!

I pray that 2013 will be a year filled with blessings and financial relief. What a testimony you have been through this tough journey.

Hugs to you and abundant Christmas blessings! You are so special!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

had to swing by before the day is over and wish you a wonderful safe fun Christmas. And you're so right...it's not the material things that make it worth much...it's Christ in our hearts and the peace and joy He gives. Merry Christmas Janette to you and your family.

NanaNor's said...

Dear Janette, I too mourned for those families missing their loved ones. What a party in Glory though.
Sending Christmas blessings to you and yours.
Hugs, Noreen

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Merry Christmas, dear blogging friend!

Debbie Petras said...

I'm with you Janette. As you know our financial situation is uncertain too. Presents aren't a part of it this year and yet Jesus is at the center of it all for me. In the midst of it all, you have come to what's most important. I love your thankful heart.

Love you,
Debbie

Sandy said...

For the first time in all of our married life we have very few gifts under our tree. We explained to our sons and daughter in law and I know they understand. After all, it's not the gifts under the tree but His Gift of His Life for us that is important.
Merry Christmas!
Love And Prayers,
Sandy

Sue said...

A profound and much appreciated "Christmas message", Janette, one that I will take right into the new year.Hopefully we here in this country are finally getting the message, Our Christmas has been and is very quiet, and in so doing it has become very loud with His resounding message of His love for us, truly one of the best for us.
Wishing you, Benjamin and your dear family a continued blessed Christmas.
Please give Benjamin a big hug for me, and tell him while at Tractor Supply the other day my thoughts, and prayers were especially of him as I walked the isles seeing all the tractors and farm items, and one day if the Lord wills a visit from you and him, I will make sure he gets a ride on our John Deere tractor.
Love,
Sue.

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Merry Christmas dear friend! Thank you for the many gifts of yourself that you share with me here.
xoxo
Leslie
Benjamin's art rocks!

Petra said...

Beautiful reflections! Benjamin's art is so true and such a treasure! The world is broken, but our Savior lives! And He will come again in all His glory. Will He find us trusting Him in all things? Will He find us rejoicing and giving thanks in all things, knowing that He has already conquered... knowing that soon He will wipe all our tears away? Blessings my beautiful friend!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I hope you had a Merry Christmas :)

Maryann said...

Beautiful post, hope you had a very Merry Christmas

Tanna said...

{{{hugs}}} and love for you and yours, Janette... wishes for the warmest and most blessed year in 2013... t.

Anonymous said...

My husband is still looking for a job -- doing little jobs here and there is a blessing indeed - but - o-well - trust in God that all will work out -- we continue to do! Oh, my dear friend your words hit me sweetly - simple and meaning full and family together with God in our hearts and Jesus as our guide we will have the meaning of Christmas throughout the year.
What a sweet reminder for all!!
Have the MOST wonderful 2013 New Year
Hugs..

Related Posts with Thumbnails