Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Thursday, December 27, 2012

White Christmas

Well for this Texas girl a white Christmas is just magical.  I have only had two White Christmases in all of my 51-years of life.  So when the flakes started to fall from the sky on Christmas day we all got a little giddy.


We are still enjoying the melting white snow as we return to our routine.  I am just busting at the seams to recount last year, tie it up in it's own bow and welcome all that the Lord has for our family in 2013!!

Now to find my word for the New Year and make a new header for my blog.  I will be busy boxing all the decorations up and returning them to their shelves, while organizing all my lists from the past year and the new to come.

I pray you and yours have time to look back over the year and thank God for His goodness for the past year.

Happy New Year!!

21 Joining in with more words:

camp and cottage living said...

Janette
What a thrill for you to get snow!
I hope you have a wonderful 2013!

Rebecca said...

Happy New Year to YOU, Janette. We're having our extended family Christmas this weekend...so I'm running about a week behind you - but I anticipate about the same activities as you...and DO look forward to them.

Tanna said...

Wasn't it beautiful, Janette!! A perfect Christmas gift. One of many, many, many gifts I am so very thankful for over this past year. Looking forward to your word!! I've already been working on mine, too. ;) blessings and hugs ~ tanna

Thoughts for the day said...

I need to pray about my word for the year too. I am also praying for snow, here in the pacific northwest we rarely get it for Christmas or my birthday but I am hoping before March we will get some. Just so peaceful and white.

Farm Girl said...

I am so excited that you got to have a white Christmas. I think that is fantastic. I always look forward to your year end posts. I think there will be so many take your breath away moments when you see how much God did for your and your family. I need to see if I really kept record of it as well as you do. I don't think I do.
So many wonderful things to look forward to in 2013 "Wink"

Sue said...

A smiling young man in the snow, and a warm fire, just doesn't get any better than this!

A very Happy new Year to two of my favorite friends!
Hugs,
Sue

Sandy said...

I'm so glad you all had a beautiful white Christmas. It was the Lord's gift to you. Benjamin seems to be enjoying it for sure. We got a tiny bit of snow last night and a bit more is forecast for tonight.
Thinking of you...

Vee said...

You're boxing Christmas all up with so many days of Christmas left? ;> I know...to each her own. Ben looks so cute out there in the snow! It truly must have been a treat. I can't imagine how rare a one. You put it into perspective for me! I do know that the entire Western World associates snow and Christmas because of Charles Dickens and the fact that he enjoyed some rare white Christmases as a child (or so I've read). Have fun packing up and thinking about the New Year. Now that I haven't done...think about words and the New Year.

NanaNor's said...

We got some snow of Christmas and then again today. It is just plain cold outside so I'm staying in and staying warm under a quilt.
So glad you enjoyed the snow! I'm not yet ready to put all the decorations away though.
Enjoy the evening.
Hugs, Noreen

Brenda Lazzaro Yoder, said...

Blessing to you and your family this next year. I think of and pray for you often. We have several inches of snow here. It's nice for a few days! Merry Christmas.

Pom Pom said...

Yahoo for a white Christmas! I bet you loved it! That fire is lovely, too!

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you to have the snow! We had a white Christmas, and I've had a few, but usually Christmas is green, even here in PA!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

It snowed all around us but we saw nary a flake. But, I'm fine with that. :O) But, we have had some real yucky, wet weather and it's cold too. Not a good combination.

May the Lord bless you abundantly in 2013!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Janette! I have been catching up on your latest posts. I loved reading the miracle of your son! What a blessing! And 10 lbs! My sweet grandmother called one of my daughters "10 lbs of sugar" and I've always remembered that. God literally gave you 10 lbs of sugar! We are all so very blessed. Happy New Year!

Debbie said...

Oh how wonderful to get a white Christmas...I honestly can't imagine! Benjamin looks adorable and so excited. Haven't even thought about taking it down yet. I think I feel like I haven't really had it yet in some ways. Guess it is time to be thinking of the new year before us though isn't it? Enjoy your day Janette!

Debbie said...

A white Christmas! That's just wonderful, and what a special way for God to shower you with something extraordinary.

I have my color all picked for the new year, but I have to be honest and say that I will hate to seen my "finding the sunshine" theme take a back stage. God knew EXACTLY what I needed for a theme this year, and that little thing has helped me so much.

Looking forward to your word of the year and many other inspiring words for you as well.

Debbie Petras said...

How exciting to have a white Christmas! It is the only time of year I would love to have snow. Yes, I will be glad to pack up 2012 and look forward to the new one. May we both trust God with 2013 and live expectantly by faith.

Love you,
Debbie

Crickit said...

Hope you enjoyed your white Christmas... How wonderful! Happy New Year to you also! :)

Sally said...

I'm a native northerner and have a snowy past. The snow on Christmas day this year was beautiful, made more so (in my mind) because I knew it would all be gone by Wednesday. I love white/cold for 2 days . . . tops. Up north there are MONTHS of white/cold with plenty of ice on the side. I don't believe I would choose to move above the 2-day snow line. . . love it, I do, for 2-days. :)

Maryann said...

What a wonderful gift, I would have been excited too.Have a Happy New Year!

Always Nesting said...

Amazing! A white Christmas is amazing in your part of Texas. I love the snow.

My welcome to 2013 is big, very big. This is my year of renewal for so many reasons. 2012 proved to have the most challenges, yet it also had the most joy because of the lessons I learned, the lessons God wanted me to learn.

I wish you were here to put away my decorations :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails