Gunshots rang through the air on the grounds of the courthouse in Granbury, Texas. Men dressed in period clothing and shooting guns caused me to run back around the courthouse grounds to grab my camera. A first-time meeting with a fellow blogger had brought me to this city, and like all good bloggers, cameras are now an accessory. I just couldn't miss getting the pictures for Benjamin. I circled one side of the courthouse, while without my knowledge, she circled the opposite side. As I was asking permission from the cowboys, she got the win by getting the first shot. That's right...she saw me first and caught me in action.
She should have been warned...look, my mouth is already engaged.Jill of Pathway to Purpose and I were among each other's first followers. Through the last two years, we have read each other's blogs and woven our hearts together through e-mails. We decided it was time to meet and so, last Saturday, I headed to Granbury to meet this Godly woman.
After I put down my camera, I looked up to see the woman I recognized from her blog pictures....I didn't know until she sent the above picture that she had caught me on her camera.
What happens when two bloggers meet? Well, you run to each other and hug, of course. She came with a gift in hand..isn't this adorable? I came with cash for lunch at the Bistro....talking kept us from taking any more pictures.
How creative is she? My name was on my gift and there were home-made cookies, too. But they were inhaled before I could find my camera. "True friendships leave footprints in your heart."
What do two bloggers do from 10:30 in the morning, until 5:00 in the evening? Well they just talk, talk, laugh, talk, laugh, and talk some more. You see how God can take bloggers and join their hearts in a instant.
Jill is a doll. I was so blessed. Here are some things we share in common:
- We both wear the Tool Belt in our homes....this was too funny to compare our fix-it-notes.
- We are both too practical to buy most of the items we saw in the shops...I mean who wants to fill the tiny humming bird feeder everyday, even if it is cute....and forget that price...we could figure out how to make it.
- We both laugh while we talk....so that saying of cackling hens...well, they heard us coming.
- We could figure out how to settle all the issues in this week's newspaper, from breastfeeding to raising teens to issues that are concerns in the church...and we could get it all settled in one day!
- We could relate as wives and mothers...even though I am decades ahead of her in both, our hearts were the same.
- We could give each other a hug at the end of the day and Praise God for allowing us to come together to meet...promising to do this again.
I leave you with the best pictures Jill took. We were sitting with a timer on the camera. Jill didn't tell me that she would be taking four shots. I was ready for the first picture and then began to have conversation after the first pic...can you guess? Jill also took the best picture of me I have had in years...it is now my profile picture.
I was on one flight of stairs and she was on the opposite flight of stairs...we took pictures of each other...I have had more compliments on this photo...thanks Jill, I think these pictures summed up the day....JOY!
What a wonderful day in Granbury...and it all started with gunshots!!