Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Monday, April 23, 2012

The Lucille Bag




The fun thing about a "reality check" is the enjoyment of finding time to revisit old delights.  This week I threaded my sewing machine, yes this time with glasses, and put my creative side to work.  Why not indulge in some fruit of this "reality check" with a new purse!  I found the right one, and yes, this is the true name Lucille Bag,, pattern by Abbey Lane Quilts.


Now one of my "reality checks" is how I use my time.  Number theme material was just too tempting and dots just added fun to keep my "reality check" motivation.

While I was on a roll of sewing I had to grab a fun print, which put a giggle in my heart.  My precious neighbor just started her chemo treatments, so cheering up was in order.  Isn't this cute?  Does it make you smile?  It made her smile and I pray it encourages her through her journey to healing.


While "reality check" can send a "ouch", it can also bring some very good results.   This week.....two purses!!


There are times to Make the Purse!

Be quiet, Mother's Day is coming...so off I go to sew some more purses.


special thanks from Kathryn @ The Writer's Revenie    what a fun give away I won...what a delightful blog, give her a visit, you will enjoy

31 Joining in with more words:

Cindy said...

Oh, purses are my weakness. I could have a closet full of them if not for some major self-control. Right now I have one basic black bag and avoid stores so I'm not tempted! lol

So glad you've taken up doing this and I know your friend was delighted with the gift.

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

CUTE! What a thoughtful gift for your neighbor. Praying God's peace for her - and wisdom for you as you minister to her. Have a great week!

Angela said...

They turned out so cute!! Looks like your sewing skills are still spot on. I'm glad your neighbor liked hers.

Unknown said...

Oh so cute!!! I love, love, love them. I bet your neighbor adored this too. So kind, I hope it blesses you both. :0 I think the second weekend in May would be great-where should we meet and what shall we do? I am so excited.
Hugs
Jill

Sandy said...

These are darling, Janette. You are so crafty and talented. Love this new material you displayed and hope to see what kind of purse you make from it. You have blessed your neighbor and I pray the special touch of the Lord for her and a full recovery.
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your bags - and what fun retro patterns! Such a ministry of joy you will bless your friend with as she recovers. Thanks so much for the link back and display of your prize pack! Hope you can make something grow there - The rain just flooded out my deck seedlings yesterday. Don't know if they'll recover . . .
Joy!
Kathy

Lisa said...

Too cute! I love all the fabrics you chose...especially the one on the far right. So pretty!

Farm Girl said...

I think you make beautiful things. I love that fabric. I am so glad you got out your sewing machine.
I think the biggest shock of my life was when I got mine out again after years and years and had to put on glasses.
When I put it away I could see. :)
I hope you make some more things I really like looking at it. I think you are a really great seamstress.

Debbie said...

Good morning! The purses are just darling! I know you blessed your friend and neighbor so much! Yes, when I picked up sewing again my glasses were SOO necessary, haha, as was a light practically right on top of the machine and my head. lol! Enjoy!

Debbie said...

I love purses, and I love the whimsical ones the best. Those are wonderful and a fantastic way to use your time and your talents. I'm very motivated to do the same around here.

I think you're a wonderful neighbor, too, and your friend will have something cheerful to look at and use right now. Way to go!

Marsha Young said...

Great purses! How talented you are. Yes, those reality checks can be a "mixed bag." :) Hope your friend is doing ok.
Blessings to you both - Marsha

Nancy said...

You are such a fun person to visit....these purses are so cute...I pray your friend will heal completely and I know she will enjoy her bag....

You are a treat girlfriend....

Karen said...

You need to sell them ~ I will be your first customer! Too cute and you are so sweet to add some cheer to the neighbors life.

Rebecca said...

Those really ARE amazing, Janette! How thoughtful of you...how blessed the recipients!

Sue said...

Oh Janette, how I adore these purses, and what a thoughtful gift think it's about time to open that Etsy shop! I so admire you ladies that can create with your hands,! I have decided that no matter, this is going to be my year for sewing, that is after I finish the gardening. lol.
In the meantime I am going to enjoy seeing my friends great works. Congratulations on your win, I will check her blog.
Enjoy this week.
Hugs,
Sue

NanaNor's said...

Hi Janette, Loved seeing the fun fabrics you are using for the bags...you are very creative. I'm not missing my machine too much but more my grands. Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Noreen

Petra said...

You're so talented. Those bags make me smile!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

So adorable! You KNOW these would sell on Etsy, as well as your pillows. You probably put these purses together with 'no sweat', while I would be LABORING and they would not look like this when I finished.

I've thought of you often during these weeks off, and your dil too... praying for all that is ahead for them.

I'm so glad to catch up with you today and see that you are still spreading your joy!

xo

Kathleen said...

You are one creative lady! I gave up sewing many years ago when I cut two left sides to a dress.

Isn't it wonderful how much we accomplish when we're intentional? I love it when I remember to remember that :)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Such hidden talent ... and the fabrics are priceless. What joy you will bring to your neighbor.

Pom Pom said...

Way to go, good seamstress! The bags are so cute!

Crickit said...

I love the purses! Such great patterns. I am sure your neighbor will enjoy them also. What a great way to minister to her.

The gift that you won is wonderful also. You are blessed!

Maryann said...

Love the bags and the fabric. Sewing is one of those skills I never quite mastered...actually sewing a straight line without a tangled mess underneath is an accomplishment for me...got to know what your gifts are. Sewing is definately one of yours
I know your neighbor appreciated that bag

Christine said...

Now here is another reason I admire you. You sew!
Sewing isn't just threading the machine. It's style and creativity with a dash of flare. All these are showing in your purses.
Your neighbor is blessed to have you in her life.

A multi-dimensional life said...

You are amazing! I love these!
Your neighbor is so blessd by your kind heart and your gift! I love the one you gave her and I would totally buy that one if you were selling these! I love the other fabrics too! I'm so glad you found the time to make the purse!!! xo

momto8 said...

thank you for your example of kindness to your neighbor. a very thoughtful gift.

moreofhim said...

So cute!! Love the fabrics! So glad you got to spend some fun time sewing. :)

God bless you - Julie

Trisha said...

What happy purses, Janette! You've done some amazing work there. Beautiful!

Debbie Petras said...

I am amazed at your ability to sew! My mom used to sew but not me. You are so creative and ...kind to always think of others.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Vickie said...

Aw, these are such cute bags, Janette! And some lucky recipients on Mother's Day, too! You've been busy!

I was so touched by your post about re-doing what our family members have done. I've been guilty of that, too. I guess we all have. I still catch myself doing that to my hubby sometimes. I can tell he's learned to live with it, but I am constantly trying to make myself stop correcting! Shame on me!

I hope you have a wonderful week!

myletterstoemily said...

those are both adorable! such great
use of your very spare time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails