In a moment of total insanity I confessed to "Ethel" that I was bored! Life just seems less eventful than when my house was full of four teenagers, with five children playing sports, taking music lessons and home schooling. My gas tank stays fuller and the calendar can be kept in my head. So for a short period of time, probably given to me by God for rest, I had the notion that I was bored.
To recap my first two days this week and to STOMP that notion to the ground, I will list our days back on our fall schedule.
- Apartment questions from adult children, paint, bills, moving
- Two college students phone calls on class schedule, financial aid question, jobs, health
- Husband with new diet requirements and sleep schedule...oh, my, can we say "hard"
- 9th grader needed to finish a weeks worth of work in two days to attend "Fish" camp with friends at church
- 4 year old decided to paint his face pink with purple dot...they weren't waterproof
- Husband trying to get resume out to find a job to support family
- Fire threatened to burn up our neglected, but much loved camper in storage area
- Fall Baseball sign ups...now to refresh the weak skills...batting cages in 100 degree temps.
- Clothes clean, packed and all school work finished and get son to "fish" camp
And to think I said I was bored! I think I will keep that comment to myself from now on and RELISH in any time that the Lord allows me to feel an ounce of boredom!!!
How is your week going? Do you have time to get bored? Has God given you some REST time? If so I would encourage you to enjoy your slower pace...who knows what tomorrow will hold!