Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Sunday, November 22, 2015

Same Power

Months ago a new song was released by Jeremy Camp.  Within this song are truths  the Lord desires for me to understand in my heart and not just in my head.  Each time the song is sung, my spirit jumps.   When did I forget the truth of this song?  When did I allow the worries of the world to steal the truth Jesus purchased for me on the cross?  Why am I trembling at the news of the state of the world, or even my own situation?

The song seemed to play on the drive home from school each day.  Benjamin has learned it is the song I turn up and join in with declaration.    Even one night my grandson and I heard it on the radio, where I joined in singing, wanting the truth of the words to be sung over my grandson.  His world will be so much more of a spiritual battle then the one I grew up in.

I opened my devotional.  There were the words again.  News of attacks around the world, didn't mean these words aren't for today, it means they are still truth. Court decisions, political races, loss of jobs, illness and the list continues, to yell at us defeat, instead of victory.


Ephesians 1:19-20New Living Translation (NLT)

19 I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 20 that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.  Romans 8:11

In the past this is the blog post I dedicated to my grandmother and called it Sunday Singings.  I am sure she would enjoy singing this song.  I still hear her voice singing praises to God, even through her worldly struggles, she knew the truth.

Today I share with you the song and God's words, praying they give you courage to take on every challenge that is before you.  Maybe you, like me, need to sing it over and over again, to bring it from your head to your heart.   As the social medias remind us of all that is wrong in society, or  the many results of a fallen world which touches our personal lives, maybe it is time to be reminded who holds everything in His hands.
With each bump in the road and added winkles on my face, I am rejoicing more and more in knowing I have a God who takes care of me.  The same power that raised Jesus from the dead lives in us.

I can see
Waters raging at my feet
I can feel
The breath of those surrounding me
I can hear
The sound of nations rising up
We will not be overtaken
We will not be overcome  
I can walk
Down this dark and painful road
I can face
Every fear of the unknown
I can hear
All God’s children singing out
We will not be overtaken
We will not be overcome
 
The same power that rose Jesus from the grave
The same power that commands the dead to wake
Lives in us, lives in us
The same power that moves mountains when He speaks
The same power that can calm a raging sea
Lives in us, lives in us
He lives in us, lives in us
 
We have hope
That His promises are true
In His strength
There is nothing we can’t do
Yes, we know
There are greater things in store
We will not be overtaken
We will not be overcome
Greater is He that is living in me
He’s conquered our enemy
No power of darkness
No weapon prevails

We stand here in victory



10 Joining in with more words:

Mary said...

Thank you dear Janette! I just ordered that CD! May you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

podso said...

Good word, Janette and thanks for the music. I can't imagine living in these times with out the Father.

Lisa said...

I love this song too, Janette. It is indeed a comforting reminder that The Greater One lives in us and we have nothing to fear. Lately the world has become a much scarier place.

Debbie said...

Oh I too LOVE this song! How we do need to remember how this all turns out. Today's world may seem completely out of control, but God is still in charge, and still on His throne, praise God! Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving! HUGS

Maryann said...

Love , love this! What a timely reminder that he has all of creation firmly in his control, we have a hope that cannot be shaken. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Oh Janette! The words of that song are so needed today. I remind my friends, and myself, that we never thought we'd see the Berlin wall fall in our lifetime, but it did. Through God's power we will see these new threats fall too. With prayer may we mitigate the suffering that will come before their fall.

In the end, all that matters is the salvation of our souls. As the words from one of my favorite scripture verses: Consider the lilies of the field...

Sharon said...

Such an encouraging word, Janette! Thank you so much. You know what I noticed about that verse right now? The fact that the power accomplished TWO pretty amazing things! One, it raised Christ from the dead...AND...it seated Him in the place of honor in the heavenly realms. This is amazing!! God has power and authority over ALL things. I find that quite reassuring in a world going crazy...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! May it be filled with faith, family, friends, fellowship...OK, and lots and lots of food!

GOD BLESS!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Thanks for the words of this song. Powerful words, yes. I blogged on Monday along similar lines ... the darkness will never overtake the Light. It's impossible!

Vee said...

Oh it is so true...we need to relearn what we once knew. Nothing worse than having to go around the mountain again. Wonderful song, powerful truths

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I love that song and sing along every time it comes on The Message. Happy weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails