v. stewed, stew·ing, stews
To cook (food) by simmering or boiling slowly.
1. To undergo cooking by boiling slowly or simmering. See Synonyms at boil1.
2. Informal To suffer with oppressive heat or stuffy confinement; swelter.
3. Informal To be in a state of anxiety or agitation. See Synonyms at brood.
a. A dish cooked by stewing, especially a mixture of meat or fish and vegetables with stock.
b. A mixture likened to this dish.
2. Informal Mental agitation
Yes that is where I am.....I am stewing! Mental agitation. I think agitations can be good, as well as bad....so my stewing has both. But as we all know, a stew not seasoned and allowed to tender is a horrible dish to eat, yet, when allowed to cook slowly it brings comfort to the soul.
I am stewing, so the meat can tenderize, allowing the delight of the dish to come forth and not a hard, chewing mess to eat.
Here are the ingredients in my stew that need to be simmered to perfection.
- Meat.... Hubby will find out this week if the contract for the job he has had since November will be extended....if not, well the meat will be hard to swallow for me. I am sure the Master Chef has something up his sleeve to make this meal more edible, so I stew in faith.
- Spices that add taste...Daughter found her first "home", so we are off to pick out paint and let her start nesting. She will have it ready for them both to live in after their honeymoon in March.
- Vegetables that add nutrition ...College son has found him a new apartment and will be venturing out for good....leaving the last two boys to dream of what they want his room for....Lego City or Music Studio
- Broth that allows all the ingredients to come together...I have now read two books that seem to be speaking the same thing to my spirit. I am not sure what it all means, but I feel the Lord is telling me something. I really need time to let it simmer.
- Flame to cook on....Convictions that the Lord is bringing to the surface. It is always amazing that during a season of "Transition"...yes, my word for the year...things can be brought to the surface that need to be addressed
So during this "Stewing" season I might need to purchase some "duct tape" for my mouth. I need to let things simmer in my soul....so the outcome will be a stew that comforts and doesn't disgust the palette.
I have warned you..............so please, when stopping by if you see some bones that I have discarded...give me grace....I am still STEWING!!!!