Therefore, we know the rules. We know that foul balls shatter windshields. We know that you watch where you park your car. We not only know this as a general rule, but past experience of a shattered windshield taught us this isn't a wife's tale.
Hubby started watching the foul balls come off the bats. Our son was pitching and the batter just couldn't get a hold of a good hit. He was fouling My husband looks around with an uneasy concern on where we had parked both of our cars. He grabs the keys to move our cars into
He could't believe it as he watches the ball soar over all our heads....yes, straight at his car! We all stood stunned. The stands cleared out as everyone grabbed their keys to move their cars even further away....mine included.
- Praise...it is only a windshield, not an injury to anyone
- He saved other's cars from it happening to theirs
- It leaves this sports family with another sports "tale"
- Life is just too short to sweat the little things
- We all got our exercise walking from the car to the field
Now we did win that game. I headed out to my job, then returned to the ball field. The next game ended in a tie.....and this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some things you just can't patch!
What can I say? You just have to find the humor in all of it!