I want to run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to be encumbered. I don't want to be afraid.
I want to live life to the fullest.
Recently I have had an excitement in my spirit. I am not sure what it all means, but I do know that I don't want to be weighed down...I want to be free to run.
The closing song at the end of my post Suitcases by Dara McLean just seemed to speak what is brewing in my heart. Time to set down the suitcases. I have set down suitcases along the way during my life, but I think I have turned back and picked some up.
Some possible suitcases that can weigh us down :
- Fear - For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
- Feelings of Intimidation or Inferiority - "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
- Lack of or Inadequate Education - Lack of or uncompleted education didn't stop these people - Bill Gates, Michael Dell, Dave Thomas (Wendy's founder), Bobby Flay(high school drop-out, Food Network guru)
- Age - Mary Kay began her company at age 47, Moses was 80, The Colonel started KFC at age 65, Sarah was in her 90's when she gave birth to the promised one... Issac.
- Resources/Money - 2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything; you may have an abundance for every good deed;
- Excuses - post on this pest (last October), link here and here - I think this suitcase probably weighs most of us down the most....it has to go.
- Lack of Faith - for we walk by faith, not by sight. II Corn. 5:7
- many more that can only be revealed through prayer, I am sure you can add to this list.
Now to let the Lord's hand release the hold these suitcases have on my life, so that I can run the race set before me.
Here is the catchy song which encouraged me to look at the load I need to set down. You can hear it on You Tube (it is a toe tapping tune)...here are the words. (don't miss the end after the song)
I hope you set down your suitcases and run! Meet you at the finish line!