Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Friday, August 19, 2011

Hand the Kleenex Please


Today I stand in the Boo Hoo breakfast group.  I join those new moms who have just dropped their kids off for school for the first time.  Wiping their tears as their little one enters the new world of education the mother's see their children are growing up.



Now you all are laughing at me....since you know that my Boo Hoo breakfast is because my 6'4" tall, brown-eyed-baby boy enters public high school.  The new adventure begins as this home school mom of 23 years hands over the reigns of educating my fifth child through high school to someone else.

Could anyone have more confirmations on a decision they have made?  I can LOUDLY SAY NO!! on this decision.  God has confirmed at every corner. His provision and direction have been unmistakable.

So while we attend our first PTA meeting and I still have one foot in the home school circles with Benjamin....well just hand me the Kleenex.

My excitement for this adventure is only compared to the year I started home schooling our oldest.  I love that God in His wisdom has said, "Janette, I have dished up for you a life full of many experiences.  You will be a mom of multi-generations at one time.  You will know the sides of home schooling and public school.  You will be able to relate to the tired mother with a young one, while hugging the mother whose child just said "I do" in marriage.  You Janette, will be able to say, "Been there", with true compassion."


He is now a  "Wildcat"....and here is something that has never been in our house....everything is new.  You know like your first day of school or your child's' first day.


I am now joining the Moms in Touch group for the high school.  Oh prayer, that just so excites me.  I will also be working as assistant room mom for the two day school Benjamin will attend.  I will be the fan at the sports events yelling, "Stephe-ooooooooo"... as my son enters the basketball court and baseball field!  I  will encourage the new home school moms at Benjamin's coop school also.

I will have two days a week by myself...first time in 28 years of parenting!  Now what will I do?
I need another Kleenex.

31 Joining in with more words:

Debbie said...

Here's the kleenex. And here's a long distance hug to go along with it. I love your outlook and the way you see that the plate that God has served to you makes you such a special encourager to a variety of people. In the body of Christ, you're the heart.

(Apparently, you're also planning to be the mouth... at least at the ball games. That part made me smile.)

I remember when my older daughter started her first day of public school instead of her Christian school. We kept getting confirmation at every turn. I knew that it was going to be all right, and it was.

God be with you today, Mom.

Nancy said...

Lots of hugs going your way.....it's so hard to see them start to sprout their wings. I know you have been confirmed int his decision so I now it's time to see all the adventures God has for you and for him.

I too love the way you see the plate God has given you to serve others. Your reflection of the Father is evident and your heart is huge. You are such a blessing and I know that as He expands your territory in this new way that He is going to bring many into your path that will be blessed beyond measure...

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

well just send a kleenex on down the road this morning... this was precious!! And what a plate you've been given.

You are going to have the best year yet, just wait! Yelling at games, praying for your kids, sharing your heart and experiences, and maybe even... having time to do lunch with a friend once in awhile!

Yay for this new year, and all that it holds.

xo

Farm Girl said...

It doesn't matter if they are 5 or 15 it still hurts just as much. Elliot will be going to college for the first time on Monday. I am already staying awake in the night thinking about if he will be able to do it. Never mind he has a job and drives and keeps a bank account I still see him as my fifth and I am having a hard time opening my hands to let him go.
So yes, going into this weekend I have a heavy heart, I guess it is still a Mom thing. I need to rejoice in the blessings that God has given.
Hang in there,

Susannah said...

Wow, all I can say is WOW! I will have two days a week by myself...first time in 28 years of parenting! Now what will I do?

Take your time to make the adustment. I'm know you'll figure out what to do with your FREE time. That's awesome.

Baby steps... and here's a kleenex. ღ

Linda said...

"Two days a week by myself...first time in 28 years of parenting!" WOW! That's amazing! I suspect God has some special surprises of joy for you as you transition into this new season of your life. Watch for them!

Linda

Lisa said...

Bless your heart! I did get a little teary eyed seeing my oldest son off to law school. I won't see him until Thanksgiving! New adventures for us all.:)
BTW When my youngest started kindergarten I was the mom standing behind the school bus doing the cabbage patch and singing O Happy Day!!!! LOL

Lorie said...

Hugs. I can see how this would be an emotional time for you. God is so good!

I don't know if I should say this but I'm kinda jealous. ;) About it all.

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, Janette, I love your authenticity with us! You are so wonderful.

We homeschooled ours for 15 years. One went to a Bible college; the other to a secular university, and both turned out great. We need godly kids in places where there light can shine!

Hugs and kleenex,
Jen

moreofhim said...

I can so relate. When I graduated my youngest from homeschooling, I, too, needed lots of Kleenex. I wondered what in the world I was going to do. Just know that God will open new doors for you and He has great plans for you and your children.

Blessings - Julie

Christine said...

Hi Janette,

Just want to let you know that there are a lot of us who are Christians, working in a public school.
Prayers are covering every child who enter those walls.
I pray everyday!
Bless you and your family.

Silver Strands said...

Wow .. what will you do with yourself? And good for you! Doing something hard because it's the right thing ... what a good example!

Sandy said...

Wish I could give you a hug, too.
It will get easier as time goes by.
You can do all kinds of things on
those free days. Think of all the
wonderful Bible studies you can dig
into and all the arts and crafts!
In no time you will be enjoying
yourself and feeling so much better.
I do totally understand your heart
though. Totally.
Hugs!!

Shanda said...

Sending you hugs. I once asked a Senior Citizen group while speaking, if there was ever a time they stopped praying for, hurting for, or worrying about their Children. They said no! And on the front row was a couple that were 95 and 97!

no spring chicken said...

You will cry... and you will cheer... you will laugh... and you will sigh... you will clean.... and you will cook... and you will gather with friends.... And the beat goes on!

God is faithful and he told you so!

Blessings, Debbie

Petra said...

Well, here's the kleenex (the whole box). And here's some chocolate ;-), and a hug. You and your little boy will be alright. God is faithful, and you have such a God-centered, faith-filled outlook. Prayers are coming your way. :-)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

What a big and exciting day for your family. Blessings.

Fondly,
Glenda

Tanna said...

Sending the kleenex by proxy!! And, lots of hugs! blessings ~ tanna

Maryann said...

Sending kleenex and hugs your way. It's never easy, I don't care how old they get.
You have a great perspective on things, you will be able to be an encourager to so many different kinds of people, think of all the opportunities!
And those two days by yourself, somehow I think you will figure out what to do with those pretty quickly.(mine are out of the house yet time still seems to be at a premium)
Blessings to you

Mary said...

I know exactly how you feel! Mary (p.s. newblog)

A multi-dimensional life said...

And His provision and direction will continue to be unmistakable as He leads you into another season filled with new adventures!
What a precious post...and you are very, very blessed! ((hugs))

Karen said...

Janette, I loved the paragraph where you talked about being a multigenerational mom, having experience with both homeschooling & public school. What a great way to look at life - that God has given you the privilege of having all these experiences.

And, I'd love to hear more about the Moms in Touch group as the year goes on. I've considered joining one in my area, but have held back. Why? Because I'm intimidated about praying aloud - especially praying aloud in front of people I don't know all that well.

At the same time I know how important it is to join together in prayer.

Anyway, God bless you and your children as you enter this new school year!

Crickit said...

Here is a HUG for you! He will be fine. You have prayed about it and seen God's hand in having him attend public high school.

Congrats on having 2 days a week to yourself. Every mom needs a bit of a break to get refreshed.

Hugs-
Crickit

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Hugs to you today Janette. I do understand no matter how old our children are, that it is hard to let them go. Really I do.

Very excited for you and what wonderful things you will do with those new 2 days all for yourself Janette. God is up to giving you a "new song" for a "new season", so get ready! And you will be such a great asset to the schools when you volunteer to help and go to PTA meetings etc.. Oh and rooting at those ballgames!! (brings back so many wonderful memories for me when our daughters were in school)

♥Lee Ann

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

I remember those mile stones with my own children. The first day of school - Kleenex. The first day of high school, Kleenex. Let's not even start with the "I do's". A whole box of Keenex at each of those events. Great post, Janette. Nothing like a memorable walk down an all too familiar past.

Rebecca said...

Looks like you've already got plenty of kleenex (I came here late.)

First of all, it sounds like you'll have plenty to do keeping up with the new schedules. somehow I think you'll find your two days to fill up quickly. I'll just bet you've got an idea or two kickin' around in your little head :)

Enjoy this new season in your life. I look forward to hearing how you fill your days!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

God bless you and all your efforts mothering, Janette. I have a bit more than 28 years of mothering experience......but mine were 17 months apart. I think that made it easier.

Congrats on having a freshman in college. Yowza!

Sharon said...

Sniff - sniff.

Janette - here's another box of Kleenex. I'm so proud of you - it takes great courage to follow God's leading, even when He gives abundant confirmation. Stephen is going to do just fine - and so is his mom.

You do have a plateful - but God has entrusted this particular *meal* to a choice servant, a woman whose heart follows Him closely.

"Mom-oooooo"

GOD BLESS!

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Been thinking of you all and praying it's been a smooth transition. I always boo hoo the first day (who am I kidding, I cry a lot over how fast time flies)... We decided to hold Jack back from Kindergarten this year. I'm sure he could muddle through fine, but he tries so hard I think he deserves to shine. He's just not ready. That might ease my tears a wee bit. I do so enjoy having them home. We've often talked of homeschooling. It's very big in this corner of MD. But Sarah is soooo social and active. It's been best for us all that she has a fantastic school. Still, next Tues I'll cry as I watch the bus drive away. The following week Jack starts 3 days/wk. Wish you n I could have a coffee n share the Kleenex!
xo
Leslie

Debbie Petras said...

You would be so fun to work with Janette! I'm sure the teacher will be blessed by your presence in the classroom. Your high school boy looks so handsome. I'm sure the years have gone by so quickly.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Lisa Richards said...

Enjoyed this trip down (my) memory lane! Nineteen years of homeschooling. My boys through 10th grade, then tech school. My daughter until high school, then she did a little of both; 10th and 12th ps and unschooling in between. She had lots of friends in ps because she was so involved in sports, then she wanted to graduate with them.
I found that I had become a little judgemental of ps parents, and had to adjust my opinions when I actually got to KNOW some of them, lol! Sometimes we need to get out of our homeschool bubble and rub elbows with the masses!

Related Posts with Thumbnails