Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Monday, October 27, 2014

A Hill, A Cross, A Wonderful Reflection on Truth



This was at the base of the mountain.

Sometime life takes you to the mountain top, but usually we live most of our life in the valleys.  We grow strong in the valley, therefore, when we experience the mountain tops we breath in large
breathes of wonder.



Benjamin and I had the unexpected wonder of ascending to the mountain top in Kerrville, Texas.  We were both moved by the craftsmanship, the view over the city and the truth along out path.  Benjamin took it all in and then asked to come again to show his dad.

These were at the top of the mountain, over looking the city below.



These was laid out in the shape of a cross.  Bronze statues at each point of the cross.  Scripture was in bronze along the walk way, in three different languages.  The final bronze hasn't been created  for the center of the cross. The final bronze will be Christ second coming.  He will be mounted on a white horse and the top will look similar to the first pictures of His second coming.




This cross is 77 feet and 7 inches tall. Benjamin is standing at the base of this metal-opened cross.

There are times that words can't express what you heart is feeling.  This trip up a mountain is one of those times.  I watched as my son soaked in the presence of the Lord.  We read each scripture along the path and I explained each statue.  We brought Bill back that night to see the cross lite up and shining over the Hill Country of Texas.


9 Joining in with more words:

Sharon said...

Oh Janette! My heart is full, and I have tears in my eyes. What a beautiful journey, and such beautiful sculptures and words proclaiming the Truth. I so enjoyed walking with you and Benjamin.

Oh Lord Jesus, may more and more people come to know Your saving grace, as we eagerly await Your return.

GOD BLESS!

Vee said...

It looks impressive...thank you for also sharing the last plaque..."the end of religion, the beginning of relationship."

Nancy said...

What an amazing place to visit. To have those beautiful sculptures depicting the Scripture is just so special….So glad Benjamin was able to go along. Children are such visual learners that I can just see the wheels turning in his head as he took in the gospel as it was presented on this mountain top…..I would love to visit this place….

Farm Girl said...

Wow I have never heard of this place. It is just incredible. I have to put that on my list of places to visit.
I love all of those bronzes. I loved each and every picture you posted.

Debbie said...

I LOVED this!! What a amazing place to have gone...and with Benjamin? Well, now it just couldn't get better. Wish there was something like that around here!

Rebecca said...

How amazing! We saw a few very realistic bronzes at Fuller Seminary prayer garden. Wonder if it could have been one of the same sculptors????

Christine said...

~*~*~* A-W-E-S-O-M-E *~*~*~

Sue said...

Hello Dear friend, What a joy to read this, I loved the fact that Benjamin wants to come back and bring his Dad, I find it so awesome that he wants to share such a spiritual experience with his dad. That sweet Benjamin has a heart for God, I read in your previous post of how well he is doing in school, and of how well he has adjusted, I am so happy for him. Loved the photos of the trip to the pumpkin patch, you look "marvelous Darling".
Thank you and Benjamin for praying for my mother, she continues to heal from surgery, we are now waiting to find out what course of treatment the drs. want to take, she has been such an encouragement to her family and her drs.
Much love to you and Benjamin
Sue

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

We may live most of our lives in the valley, as you mentioned, but through contemplative prayer and faith, we can experience enough mountaintops to keep us looking up toward heaven instead of our feet.

Thank you for sharing your pictures of yours and Benjamin's mountaintop experience, both the spiritual and the physical.

Related Posts with Thumbnails