Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Thursday, July 31, 2014

Eyes Wide Open

In order not to blink, you have to keep your eyes wide open.  It is so easy to miss those precious parts of life that keep us from a stage of  wonder.  The wonder of a praying mantis, the wonder of little frogs hopping down the dried-up creek bed, the wonder of a caterpillar and the wonder of life in general.  Life can suck that wonder out of us, unless we intentionally keep our eyes wide open.  Life has so much to share.  This summer I am pinning my eyes open.  Here are a few of the views from my wide-opened-eyes.

Kisses from one of my eight month old grandsons.  

 A son busting his quota for his first year at a new company.
The wonder of watching a hermit crab through the eyes of my three year old grandson.
Finding a caterpillar, who in self-defense, squirted brown juice all over my grandson, while lifting up his brown horns to scare off the predator....Grand Mommy and Grand Son didn't scare very easily.
Listening for an ECHO!!!  The wonder of trying to find the Echo with Grand Mommy.
Wiggling our toes in the creek after the rain.
Answering my eight year old through a walkie talkie.
Benjamin's First Fish. He said the best thing a boy can do with his Dad is go fishing...his Dad didn't blink and took him fishing.
Natures discoveries through an eight-year-old's eyes and Momma putting her schedule aside to look in wonder
Helping my only daughter with her first home! Sunglasses indoors because we didn't have safety glasses...but down came the marble!
New skills for grandson number two and his days with Grand Mommy.

Look Grand Mommy...I can bite my toe!  Grandson number three...eight months also.
Pressing forward on the curvy trails, even when danger might be around the corner, to discover the wonder of life.  Opening my eyes....looking to see and hear all that God has for this season.  Leaning on Christ while I continue to grow and expand.  Reading some wisdom from some wonderful insightful authors.

Don't Blink!

I am learning all the technology for today's market and working on a website for Simply Your Decor.  I am realizing that my learning curve is large and I am slower learner these days.  I have also opened a FB for Simply Your Decor.  You can visit me there (Simply Your Decor) and see some of my "non-professional" pics of my jobs.

Enjoy your summer.  Texas is cool this year...come on down!  Low 70's today!

15 Joining in with more words:

Tanna said...

Oh, God is so good!! Janette your cup runneth over with blessings!! Makes my heart full to bursting!! blessings ~ tanna

Vee said...

So much to be thankful for! Your daughter's new home, your sons' achievements and grandsons.' Keep having fun!

podso said...

Don't you love enjoying life with your grands and seeing everything new through their eyes. Yes, as Tanna says, God is good! You are blessed.

Debbie said...

This whole post was a complete delight! The boys ALL are soo cute, and yes I agree with the others...you are soo blessed!

Rebecca said...

Hmmmmmmm. Well first of all, I learned about brown juice squirting from caterpillars! Who knew?

Your life sounds full and varied...Thanks for sharing it. Blessings on your blinks, learning curves, business, and (grand)babies. ♥

Sandy said...

Yours is a life that seems so amazing compared to what it was a couple of years ago. I stand in awe of our wonderful Lord and His abundant blessings in all your lives.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, what wonderful simple joys! Thanks for sharing them with us. Have a wonderful weekend and now I'm off to find your FB page and see some of your pics!

Sharon said...

What a full and beautiful summer you are having! I loved the photos - and oh, the faces of your grandchildren are so precious!

Janette, it is always a pleasure hearing how God is working in the life of your family - and these latest updates show, once again, HE IS ON THE MOVE!!

GOD BLESS!

Debbie said...

Were it not for all the wonderful little boy pictures, from babies to grand-boys to sons, I would definitely say that that last shot is my very favorite. Could you have found a picture so very representative of the pilgrim path? I doubt it.

This is wonderful, and I am going to come back after I finish trying to read favorite bloggers and being cyber-inspired and figure out how to follow you on facebook, etc. I actually have two FB accounts, one for my personal self (which very intentionally has 8 friends, all family) and a very failed attempt at a Words on Wheels page which no one comes to and therefore I don't tend well.

Trying to decide how to friend you so I see your schtuff.

Ramble over.

Pom Pom said...

I'm so glad Texas is cool just now!
Aw, those g-babies are adorable and Benjamin the fisherman is cute as well!
I'll like your Facebook page, for sure!

Debbie Petras said...

I just have to say that the photo of your grandchild trying to put his foot in mouth is so very precious. I love photos like that. I love that you are taking the time to notice these precious moments.

Love,
Debbie

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Well... shoot!! I sent an'inspired' comment the day you posted this, and I see it never went through, as in... I must have skipped the final step. :)

I am so excited about what you are doing Janette, all of it, from Benjamin and his fish, to the grandbabies all over the place... isn't it the best?

You just wait, all that info you are gathering, and the hands on experience with design, even cleaning, is going to land you something special, I can feel it in my bones!!

Happy summer days!

xo

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

What a blessed summer you're having, Janette! So many exciting stages in your family...

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Love this! And all those precious pics of sons and grandsons!

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

I love seeing your photos and your poetic descriptions, Janette. Sounds like a wonderful summer. I wouldn't want to blink and miss one second either. God bless you and your family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails