The first week of January we celebrate birthdays in our house...three birthdays! This year our birthdays have the number 8 in common. I have always been interested in some of the meanings others give to numbers. So in celebration of 8, I am listing some of what I found.
- The eight beatitudes of the sermon on the mountain. (Mt 5,3-11)
- The eight sentences of the Magnificat or Hymn of Mary. (Lk 1,46-56)
- Jesus was circumcised eight days after his birth, according to the law established. (Lv 12,3; Gn 17,12 and 21,4; Lk 2,21)
- The eight steps of the staircase leading to the external square of the Ezekiel's temple. (Ezk 40,26)
- The eight creative words of God in six days, in Genesis chapter 1, verses 3, 6, 9, 11, 14, 20, 24, 26.
- The eight persons who were saved from the Flood in Noah's Ark. (Gn 7,13)
Stephen turned 18!! Happy Birthday Precious Brown-Eyed boy. He is the only one of our six children with brown eyes. When he was little I made up a song I sang to him about him being my brown-eyed-baby-boy. He is not longer the baby of the family, but he will always be my brown-eyed baby boy...even if he towers over me with the height of 6'4".
Benjamin turns 8 today! He had a wonderful birthday party with his friends at the Wild West Show in Fort Worth, Texas. He will remain the baby of the family, but at age 8 he is loving his new title of Uncle Ben.
I turn 53 on the 8th of January. 5 + 3 = 8. So I have will share the number 8 with my boys, if you add my numbers, on the the 8th day of January.
Somewhere in this month I plan to re-do my header for my blog. I hope to write about what the Lord is showing me, but for now I just need to keep up with work and home. I am still learning how to juggle all these new adventures. What an exciting year this will be. God will once again take the pen from my hand and write my story.