Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Thursday, February 14, 2013

Oh How He Loves Me



Tuesday night I went to bed emotionally throwing in the towel.   The struggles that my family faces at this time had done me in.  I truly couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I prayed scripture over and over again through the tears of total defeat.  The wedding is going great...I gave thanks.  My children are all healthy...I gave thanks.  The enemy still beat me with the facts on paper and I just curled up in total defeat.  I didn't have the strength to lift up the white flag of surrender.

Jesus intercedes before the throne on our behalf daily.  He sends His angels to war over us on our behalf.  The battle has been won.  I know these FACTS and yet my flesh wasn't receiving the truth.

He lost that dangling tooth on Wednesday night...he will be a toothless ring bearer!  


Wednesday morning I woke to eyes still not able to see in complete faith.  I continued my day with what I know to do. I grabbed my precious Benjamin and we headed to the kitchen to make Valentine cookies.  What joy a child brings in all circumstances.  This one has been gifted with seeing the silver lining in all events.  The day before he had been made fun of because he still has difficulty with pronouncing some of his words...he looked up at me, who was ready to tell the bully how mean his was, and he said...."Mom he doesn't know me that well...it is okay!"  Out of the mouth of my child I was humbled.  So this little fellow and I would bake cookies, so mommy could see the light.

I checked my emails.  You know there is a God when you look into your email box and there are three...yes, three...not just one, although that is enough....three emails!  Three different women all over the country had me placed on their heart that morning.  They had all taken me before the throne.  NONE, NONE...knew all the struggles I was facing.  God with His great love for me had them intercede on my behalf.  I also realized that more had probably prayed also, but the emails put faces to the prayers.  Each pointed me to the truth with their words of encouragement.

This morning I woke to balloons...and a intimate gift from my hubby.  I think the most special gift I have ever received on Valentine's Day....because I needed to know I was loved.  Then I heard these words from a very old song.

Oh How He Loves You and Me!  Oh how he loves you and me!  He gave His life, what more could He give?  Oh How He Loves You and Me!

What an awesome Valentine's Day gift.....the cross and resurrection!

27 Joining in with more words:

camp and cottage living said...

Janette
It is so difficult for us when we can't work things out on our own and when we don't see something happening right now, I know.
I am lifting you up in prayer and asking for a break through for you.
I'm so happy the Lord sent these 3 women to minister to you and a sweet husband and son to cheer your heart too.
Happy Valentines Day to you!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

okay, now the tears are flowing! Happy LOVE day my sweet friend. Your hubby has already blessed you, and so has Benjamin. God gives us pieces of Himself in these precious ones.

Love you!

Cindy said...

God always knows what we need and when we need it. Have a blessed day, friend!

Lisa said...

Hang in there Friend! You have done all you can do...now stand.:)
PS I'm lifting you up in prayer and believing God for a breakthrough for you and your family.

Tanna said...

I am so thankful for your three prayer warriors... and the others who are around. Sending you the warmest wishes and heartfelt prayers for a continued blessing... tanna

Debbie said...

Oh Janette I soo want to give you a big hug right now. And it warms my heart to know that God has shown you His love through your sweet Benjamin and your hubby. I do know that overwhelmed feeling and I wish I could put more hands and feet to my prayers, but I KNOW He will see you through. ENJOY this LOVE day! HUGS

Angel said...

I'm tearing up at the sweetness of your Valentines gifts. Thank you for sharing and God bless you!

Farm Girl said...

How wonderful. I will be praying for you. I am so thankful that God put you on those ladies hearts.
Hang in there. Bless the dear sweet heart of your Benjamin. That is so lovely and I just loved it.

Sandy said...

You and yours are always in my thoughts and prayers. A breakthrough is already in the works! God is always right on time!
I wish you love and peace on this day of love, and always.

Anonymous said...

I feel for you -- err -- When I pray for improvement in the cash flow...I'll add you to the list - wink! And may you continue to see all your blessings that give you comfort,joy and safety.. You are a joy.. I love reading your blog!
Hugs - Happy Valentin's Day

Maryann said...

God is so faithful, he knows just what we need when we need it, He is always on time!!! What a blessing you have in that little guy...how many times has he put joy in your heart just when you needed it. Sounds like a pretty sweet hubby as well. The Lord has indeed blessed you. Hugs your way, will continue to keep you in prayer

Sue Anne McKinney said...

It makes me so sad that you are having such a hard time. I know you are well loved, but still I am sad. Praying for you tonight.

Debbie Petras said...

Yes He does love you sweet friend. And I love you too. I am praying for you right now. Making cookies with your son is a perfect way to spend a day when you feel this way. Goodbye enemy! Hello hope and joy! Praise God.

Love you,
Debbie

Vee said...

Oh toothless ring bearers are the very dearest kind. What a cutie he'll be and how wise he is. Still, I do think children do like to have parents take their side even if they must calm the parent back down. So glad that the Lord had a way better plan for your day than you did and I know that as you yield every little thing to Him, things are going to fall into place. Many blessings to you! Don't forget to document!!

His Song to Sing said...

So sorry you are going through such a tough time, Janette. I'm thankful you continue to seek joy in the little things and our Almighty Provider. I'm confident His Love will see you through.

Christine said...

Sometimes God's answers or direction hits us square in the face, when we least expect it.
Cookies, emails, toothless smiles and balloons are all answers. You are blessed!

Vickie said...

Sweet love pouring forth from your sweet husband AND your sweet Benjamin! And the icing on the Valentines cake?

Sweet heavenly love raining down on you, Janette, from the Father above!

Praying that your cloud will have a silver lining and that you can just LET GO of your burdens! Hugs!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

That is a favorite song for me.
Tonight I am praying for more special surprises from the Lord that lighten your load, Janette.

Fondly,
Glenda

Pom Pom said...

Thank you for bringing that lovely song to mind.
YOU are a pearl, Janette.

Brenda Lazzaro Yoder, said...

I needed to hear this today, Janette. I'm looking for that personal voice from God today, too. Thank you for your honest witness and words of not giving up but moving forward. Much love and prayers to you my friend.

Pamela said...

I love that old song, because He does love you--and me! There's such authenticity in your writing and that's really what those of us who read it want.I know it's something I can relate to. God always has His angels--sometimes in the form of a child!

Crickit said...

So glad you were blessed on Valentine's Day. What wonderful blessings your family is.. gifts from hubby and making precious memories with your son. Thank you for your honesty in your recent struggles... and know this, that your sister's in Christ understand because we have all been there and now know better how to pray for you!

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Janette, you've been on my mind, and I came here this morning at the first opportunity to catch up with you. I realize this post was written a week ago, but I suspect some days you still feel the anguish and uncertainty that I feel when reading your words. How exciting it will be to see how our faithful God is going to work out all of the details!

When my life circumstances have brought similar feelings, the hymn that always comes to mind -- and becomes my mantra during those times -- is Be Strong in the Lord. May the words bless you today, dear friend...

1 Be strong in the Lord, and be of good courage;
your mighty Defender is always the same.
 Mount up with wings, as the eagle ascending;
 victory is sure when you call on his name.

Refrain:
Be strong, be strong, be strong in the Lord,
and be of good courage for he is your guide. 
Be strong, be strong, be strong in the Lord, 
and rejoice for the victory is yours.

2 So put on the armor the Lord has provided,
 and place your defense in his unfailing care.
Trust him for he will be with you in battle, 
lighting your path to avoid every snare. [Refrain]

3 Be strong in the Lord, and be of good courage,
your mighty Commander will vanquish the foe.
 Fear not the battle for the victory is always his; 
he will protect you wherever you go. [Refrain]

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Yes, Janette, He does love us, more than we can understand. Praying things go better. I've been in your shoes, and I know just how you feel. Remember, it's always darkest just before the dawn, just before the much needed miracle.

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

I love you LOTS Janette! So sorry that I've been out of touch. You are often in my thoughts and always in my prayers. I admire your amazing family and count you very rich in all the ways that matter! I eagerly await new pics of brides and babies!!!
((((((hugs)))))) and blessings
Leslie

myletterstoemily said...

"he doesn't know me that well." how
precious and wise and convicting.

i continue to pray that the Lord will
amaze you with his overflowing
blessings.

The Farmer in Dale said...

Hugs and love to you dear friend :) Miss you much but always so blessed by your written words.

I finally started blogging !

Sonii

Related Posts with Thumbnails