Welcome to my eclectic journey of my life and delights. This year my theme is surrendering my writing pen to the true author, Jesus Christ, while looking forward to the future, reflecting on the past and dancing through my journey.




Thursday, November 17, 2016

Season of Thankfulness



I have to admit, I am just staying away from the News and other accounts of events in our nation, instead I want to focus on being Thankful.   When I started blogging I was part of  many who did thankfulness post during November.  November this year has already been historic and I have been swept up in the business of this time of year.  Before the month ends, I want to be still and thankful.


November for our family doesn't only mean Thanksgiving, it means celebration of life.  There are four birthdays in November.

Birthdays - Sarah Jane and Maverick (age 3)  Picture at Pumpkin Patch, our yearly visit.

Our daughter-in -law celebrates her birthday first.  She entered our world our son's senior year of high school.  They met again, after earlier meetings years before, at the home school prom.  From that night on they were never separate.  She came from a female dominated world into our male dominated world.   Almost fifteen years later, eleven years of marriage and three boys, I can say it has been a joy to see this young lady go from a teenager to the wife and mom she is today.

David age 3 - big brother to the twins, Elliott and Thomas, or as he calls them "THE BOYS!"

Our second round of joy is our grandsons born two days apart.  David born first to our only daughter and her husband in their first year of marriage.  Maverick born next to our son and his wife, after years of infertility.  They turn 3 this week and this Grand mommy's heart is overflowing.

I was trying to find a good picture of MY FIRST BORN, and realized this is why I don't have any...he will never let me get a good one!!!  I will remind him of this when his boys are being silly in family photos.  My FIRST Born..............and no, I am not old enough to have a son age 33!!  LOL

Not to be left out.  Our first born will celebrate his birthday on Monday, just like he did 33 years ago, entering our life on a Monday.  First born....that about says it all.  He was our first full term, here on earth child, after two miscarriages.  As all mother's know, you are forever changed.  Children (biological or adopted) change you and your world and being thankful doesn't say it all.  He is a wonderful son, husband and Dad of three of my grandsons.  He built a business beyond anything his mother could have imagined and still amazes me with his accomplishments.  Right now I am having the complete joy of working with him on some of his jobs. I get to do the fun part....pick out decor for homes.


Before our family fills in our sheets of the many blessings from this year, we celebrate the lives of these four.  The decorations are up....my heart overflows as I recall God's faithfulness.  In the middle of all the events on social media and TV, I recall the one who holds it all in His hands.  In the middle of  employment uncertainty in the new year, I recall He has never left us.  In the middle of those who protest by not standing for our anthem, I bow to a God whose shoulders our government sets, and thank Him for our Nation.

May you all be blessed this Thanksgiving as you also recall the wonder of this past year, both the joys and the tears, knowing that God still reigns.

13 Joining in with more words:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

This was such an uplifting post with such gorgeous pictures of your sweet family. Yes, tis the season for thankfulness, as every day should be. Blessings to you this season!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Precious family to celebrate this time of thankfulness! Sweet photos, even of your son :)

Vee said...

You have an amazing family! Further, you never take anything for granted. This makes you one of the most grateful women I know. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the Pilgrims down there in Texas.

Theresa said...

Hi Janette. What a beautiful post and a great reminder. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family :)

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Well, my firstborn turned 33 in October—but I'm not old enough to be her mother either. :-) Happy Birthday to your four. God is faithful! May your Thanksgiving be a time of more sweet memory making and trust.

Rebecca said...

Your family is so beautiful (and so is your heart expressed here). We, too have SO much to be thankful for...and thanksgiving is such an antidote to the sad chaos all around us. The thankful heart is truly a peaceful one.

Christine said...

You have inspired me! I think I will do a Thanksgiving post. It is important to give thanks and share.
Your family is so beautiful!

Sue said...

Happy Happy Birthday to all of your beautiful family members who are celebrating this month, our first born celebrates his too this week! And you sure don't look like the mother of a thirty three year old,either, are you sure that is not 23!

I so enjoyed reading this Thanksgiving post, and like you have taken myself away from the news media, to meditate on the faithfulness and goodness of God! As I was reading this I am nodding my head in agreement as i remembered how so many times when things looked so bleak and hopeless, God would come on the scene and move with His mighty hand of deliverance, just with a swish of His hand things were set right again! And of how foolish and ashamed I felt for even worrying!

Please give "Master Benjamin" a big hug for me, and let him know how much I am enjoying my cup, I place it back in my open cabinet shelf where I can see it and remember him so well, I also place my pillow on my bed each day and think of you both!
Wishing you and your dear family a most blessed and Happy Thanksgiving,
Love,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Wishes for your family members! It would be a wonderful time to be with family and friends. Beautiful pictures:)

podso said...

A heartwarming post filled with joy, love and gratitude. I think we are always amazed at the age of our children who keep getting older, just like we do. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

simran said...

Be very careful when buying a house through an auction. The first price may look good and be very appealing, however, once everyone starts bidding on it, it is too easy to get emotional on things and overbid in the end. So if you go to an auction, set a limit and be very strict about it.
satta king
play bazaar

Unknown said...

if you are drinking coffee for the caffeine content, keep in mind that the darker a coffee is, the less caffeine it has in it. This is because the amount of caffeine is diminished when the coffee is roasted for longer. Most people have the misconception that it is the total opposite.
satta king
play bazaar

play bazar said...

It goes without saying that you should choose a field that you enjoy. Enthusiasm is always an essential part of success, and customers will notice this. This can help you gain customers.
play bazaar
satta king
satta king

Related Posts with Thumbnails